February 25
Shave 25
Barbasol floating head.
Gillette Platinum-Plus (Brazil).

February 26
Shave 26
Fatip Piccolo.
Fantastic shave. I guess the blade is in better shape than I thought.

February 27
Shave 27
Barbasol floating head.

Gillette Fatboy set to 4
Gillette Platinum-Plus (27)
Burma Shave boar brush
Palmolive Classic shave stick/VDH glycerin soap, face lathered

Comfortable shave, just a lot of work to buff away the stubble. If not for the challenge, I'd probably bin the blade, not because it's not shaving, just for the amount of time needed to get a decent, close shave from it. And if it wasn't in the Fatboy, I'm not sure it would shave decently at all. Tomorrow I'll crank up the setting on the adjustable.

Shave 27...Polsilver SI...Slim level 9...

Face and head shave...

BBS was almost effortless today, Slim on 9 was very efficient, not as much work or touch up as yesterday with the British Crat. Was able to get BBS above my lip today, soul patch stubble put up a fight and won :a11:, only place I couldn't get completely clean.

One day left...

:a21:

Shave #20.

Switched edges today and had a great shave and a really good shave. I'm doing the Old vs. New grudge match so one side of my face was smooth and a comfortable shave, and the other side was smooth.

Old Thick Cap and New LC
Kai (20) - 2d edge
Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co.
WSP Royal Leather AS

Day 27/Shave 7

Blade- Shark Super Chrome
Razor- Asylum Evolution
Brush- 24mm Vigshaving Finest Banded Badger set into homemade
Soap- PAA Boozy Barbershop
Aftershave- Vintage Fresh scented Old Spice
tmp_18834-20170227_120324-346570160.jpg

Shave #17 for February / shave #48 on blade that was carried into February.

Rapira Super Stainless
Rockwell 6S - R-5 plate
Williams - Lime Willy for 2017 Williams 3017 challenge
Proraso Blue ASB

The blade is still cutting well and in incredibly smooth. Walked away with a DFS this morning

Shave 27; Feather #27 + Merkur HD and another great shave completed. The blade is still effective but does not glide as easily as the first shave which was to be expected. This blade has a few more shaves in it and no extra passes or buffing needed. Don't believe in stropping, just a daily flip over out of habit.

Twenty-seventh Shave of February

Blade: Polsilver SI (27) :001_wub:
Razor: Mühle R41 head on Knockout Bakelite handle
upload_2017-2-27_22-47-27.png

This great blade just keeps on truckin'. Another great BBS shave. :biggrin1:

Nice shave today, so maybe this blade isn't done after all. Something about my cheap badger brush shedding fine hairs that wrap over the edge and keep it from cutting, I think.... Shave #25, I skipped Sat.

Also helped, I think, buy greatly reduced pain from the left ankle, it's improving every day now. No crutches now for two days, except for the quarter mile from the parking lot to the office, and half a day the last two in a real shoe!

peter

Feather shave 26. Blue Tip for a Blue Monday! Very comfortable shave as is typical with the Blue Tip. Managed a BBS on my cheeks but for the life of me could not get that close on my neck. Plenty of blade feel, but it just wasn't cutting very well.

Finished Shave 22 on my Polsilver SI yesterday. New PSI today. WOW, was this a smooth, close shave! I think I am a Polsilver fan!

Last shave of February is done. I'd consider this year's effort a minor win. I didn't go all the way, but I did make a Feather last longer than I've done previously. The Polsilver that I switched to in the end still has some life in it, but I have a bunch of blades I'm revisiting (or trying for the first time) waiting in the wings. Come tomorrow I'll be ditching the Polsilver and starting on blade journey of a different kind.

Congratulations to all those who've pushed the boundaries of shave-blade-dom!

Day 27 - Flipped the blade one last time for today and tomorrow. I got a minor bit of irritation and a couple small weepers that were totally not the blade -- I could see I had a small pimple I ran over with the blade and opened it up a little and a small bump that I also ran over with the blade. They both stopped with cold water and they actually didn't even burn that much with the alum. The burn from the alum was definitely more pronounced, but I hit BBS and it was actually smoother than it was yesterday.

Day 28 I know will go without incident. Now that I'm using a new soap too, I have confidence that I can load up and have enough product to do well for myself. I'm so happy I'm going to survive One Blade February. I'm going to definitely have to look into doing the Excalibur stuff now. It'll help me keep from buying lots of new stuff. So far I've limited my purchasing to getting some new aftershaves and I finally found a birth year razor.

I'm also very impressed I was able to stretch a Voskhod this far. It's amazing how well it worked. It's been an eye-opener.

Shave #20 on this month ( I usually don't shave in weekends), shave #43 with the Polsiver SI.
Until shave 30 I used only the 1-3 edge. Then the blade wasn't cutting so well so I started to use the other edge.
Proraso Red, Omega 49 and Rockwell 6S with plate 1 for the entire month. A bit boring but smooth consistent shaves.

Shave #28 on the Shark SS.
Did the final shave for the month with the Shark SS blade. Highly uneventful, controlled, comfortable and effortless as I had all reason to expect. The Shark SS blade is truly wonderful and will last me one more week, which I will load the blade in the old type for.

I have earlier stated that the Shark is my favorite blade and that it works extremely well with my Aristocrat TTOs. This month has proved to me that this combo truly delivers enjoyable shaves. There is only one flip side with this combo: the 24 hour stubble tends to irritate me when I am forced by my job schedule to shave at nights and the blade has mellowed for some weeks.

Shave 28...Polsilver SI...Slim level 9...

28 face, 28 head shaves...

BBS face, not quite BBS head shave.

The blade was really audible today, reminded me of shaving with a fresh Graham-field blade. The blade is definitely done.

28 face and 28 head shaves on the blade, with the real estate that I cover on my head(not balding), I suspect I'm in the range of 84 face shaves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom