What's new

Edwin Jagger Medium Silver Tip

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I was so impressed with the superior quality of the razors produced by Edwin Jagger, that I also wanted to test one of their top quality brushes.
Therefore, last month, I purchased this stunning Medium Silver Tip brush from The English Shaving Company (www.theenglishshavingcompany.com).
I decided to take exactly this one for several reasons: first I wanted a Silver Tip, secondly I liked the shape of the handle, third it had an affordable price for a shaving brush of that high level.
As I started using this amazing little brush, I immediately fell in love with it.
It is very, very, very nice.
The handle, although small, offers an excellent grip and is very comfortable to hold.
And the hair is so soft and luxurious....
As about lathering, well any of my shaving creams lather up beautifully in tons of rich, thick and slick lather!
The Edwin Jagger Medium Silver Tip is truly a top-notch shaving brush.:thumbup1:
Pics attached.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Looks Gorgeous Marco!

Do you have anything else in your collection you would compare it to?

Regards Grant

Hi Grant,

This brush is really something unique, at least in my collection of brushes.
It performs very, very well and the only other brush I can vaguely compare it to is my Simpson Chubby 1 Super, which the exception that the CH1 Super has a larger knot diameter (23mm against 21mm) and the hair is much more densely packed.
That said, I confirm that this EJ Medium Silver Tip is outstanding.

Nice buy! :thumbup1:
This is indeed a great brush, I love mine, a Mühle Silvertip (same knot as yours, made by Mühle in Germany). The brush is really soft, but I see no problem using it as a face lathering brush (the way I'm using it 99% of the time)...
I took the 23mm, the price difference was very small compared to 21mm (53€ vs 60€).

The built quality is superb, and it only shed two hairs since new!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have the same brush with the faux horn handle and the OP's description is spot-on.

There is some inexplicable quality about this brush that I can't quite put my finger on but this is a fantastic little brush.

The designation of this brush as "medium" is somewhat misleading because, truthfully, this is a small brush.

I've had it for several years and can still remember my surprise when removing it from its stylish tube and seeing how small it really is.

That being said, this brush has been a mainstay in my collection. I have sold off Simpsons, Shavemacs, Savile Rows and C&E brushes but not this one.

I would personally rate this brush as an average soap brush due to its soft (yet luxurious) silvertip hair. As a cream brush it is, as you might imagine, outstanding.

I think another reason it has remained in my collection is that it fits in the Trumper travel tube that I have so this brush doubles as my travel brush.

This is a high quality brush and one I would have no hesitancy recommending it to someone.

However, if I had my druthers, I would have ordered the Large brush rather than the Medium brush.

Nevertheless, truly a fine brush. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I'm thinking about buying the large one. Not good for soaps you say? I prefer soaps over creams for ease of face lathering and they are cheaper.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I'm thinking about buying the large one. Not good for soaps you say? I prefer soaps over creams for ease of face lathering and they are cheaper.

If you are looking for a soap brush there are certainly better soap brushes than this brush, imo.

It is ok but the Rooney 3/1 Super or the Chubby 1 Best would be a better starting point for a face lathering soap brush.

Are you saying that because the E&J Brush has a longer loft and more of a fan shape which makes it better for lathering in a bowl?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
If you are looking for a soap brush there are certainly better soap brushes than this brush, imo.

It is ok but the Rooney 3/1 Super or the Chubby 1 Best would be a better starting point for a face lathering soap brush.

I agree with Bob.
And another excellent brush is the Simpson Duke 3 Best, which is perfect for both soaps and creams.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom