What's new

DR Harris Lavender Shaving Soap Discussion Thread

12 GBP for whatever bowl they have available at The Gentleman's Shop (we don't pay VAT!), and about 15USD shipping. It can be a reasonable value, especially if you can find some way to combine items to make the shipping worthwhile.

12 GBP for whatever bowl they have available at The Gentleman's Shop (we don't pay VAT!), and about 15USD shipping. It can be a reasonable value, especially if you can find some way to combine items to make the shipping worthwhile.

I always forget about VAT. Fair enough.

M

modern man

I DO use wood bowls - however I do not like them, and I go out of my way to buy shaving "refills" when I can, however I often am stuck buying the wood bowls, as buying a suitable bowl for a shaving soap refill, often tends to be more of a hassle, be more expensive than the wood bowl, and take up quite a bit more space.

Anchor Hocking Glassware (Just ask DJ). :thumbup:

Most fellas do not buy merely shaving soap refills, as how many containers does one reasonably stand to have to find/create/use?
That might be true if we were talking about plastic tubs that are required with the purchase. But I buy DR Harris almond soap ONLY as a refill. I use a nice Corning mug ($5 at Target) as my soap holder. Looks and works great and I save 40% on the soap purchase. I think any analysis that does not include refills is way off base, if only because DR Harris refills are a huge savings.

When I buy a soap, the most important acquisition for me, is the product itself, not the bowl. What joel said is true, it's not easy trying to find a container that fits puck. (well, maybe not verbatim,) That's been my experience anyway.

Sorry to drag this thread up from the archive depths, but I just have to say how much I adore this soap. Admittedly my puck only arrived this morning and I have lathered it once, but I am in love with this soap. I thought I hated lavender products, but this has changed my mind, and I thought I was a mainly cream man as I couldn't get the same results with a soap... Wrong again, this is slick and moisturising and just lovely.

I didn't get a wooden bowl with mine but that is for the best as I normally prefer refills as I can just throw them into a mug and have more space to lather.

Welcome to the fold Richie. As for me, I am a lavender fanatic. As to D.R. Harris, get ready. I used my Marlborough hard soap about three times and realised it is one of the very best and my skin loves it. The rest of the line is on the buy list. Well done.

Regards, Todd

+1 for the Marlborough.....in fact, Harris soaps will always be a part my rotation, and the Lavender could well be next!..........just hope they don't go veggie, and screw it it all up! :eek:

Top Bottom