What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Domenico Caraceni is a legendary name. In the illustrious history of Italian tailoring no one else has ever had the prestige, the glory and the fame of this great Maestro. And no one else will probably ever have in the future. Domenico Caraceni started his activity in Rome in 1913. Success was immediate. New ateliers were opened in Milan and Paris during the 1930’s and the Caraceni brand conquered the European and American high fashion’s market. Caraceni’s classic suits were “made one at a time, by hand, to a pattern specifically drawn for each individual customer”. And this world renowned label dressed even several generations of Kings in Italy. Other celebrities that later wore Caraceni’s beautiful creations were Gary Cooper, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grand and, recently, the Prince of Wales, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and Prince Rainier of Monaco.
When the company decided to introduce their own perfumery line, expectations were clearly very high. And it was an incredible success, with a full range of top shelf products that really did not disappoint. The item that had the greatest appreciation in Italy was certainly the cologne, a truly unique signature fragrance that is, still today, a best seller among top quality, sought after perfumes. And it’s also my absolute favourite. This gem comes housed in a very fine, elegant, classic 100 ml glass bottle and is packed in a simple, nice, traditional cardboard box. It costs, here in Rome, around € 70, which I consider a good price for such an exclusive, top notch product. The 1913 is, as just stated above, a unique fragrance. And it’s also unconventional. Its scent is, in fact, of rose and rose scents are generally associated with women’s perfumes. Not this time. This rose is different, totally masculine, totally superior, totally sublime. It develops hints of tobacco, geranium and incense. It is an outstanding cologne with a superb staying power. It is the highest expression of true refinement and timeless elegance. For perfect gentlemen, Domenico Caraceni 1913.

It is an amzing scent, very refined and professional. It is definately a suit (or tux) and tie fragrance. Every time I wear it, I must wear a red tie.
I need a full bottle.

A fantastic scent. Probably the most elegant that I own.

Also supported with shower gel and a great opulent shaving cream.

Just hard to find. I only know of it being available through Lucky Scent in USA.

Another great review from you Marco.

I'm pleased to learn of a rose fragrance which is masculine based. It's now on my "must have" list!

I agrew with virtually everything Marco and others say, but this is just not my favorite frag for some reason. I am in the minority on this one, but I suggest try before you buy! It is a rose unlike any other rose that I know of.

EDIT: I should be clear that to me this scent is a "must try" for folks who are really interested in scents. This would be true if it was a brand new scent. But the historic backgroud on this one makes it very special.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco,

A cologne I've had on my wish list for a while and now I want to try it more than ever.:001_smile

Thanks for the wonderful review.

Thank you very much, Joe! :thumbup1:

Another great review from you Marco.

I'm pleased to learn of a rose fragrance which is masculine based. It's now on my "must have" list!

Thanks a lot, Roy! :thumbup1:

Marco, first of all, piacere conoscerti!
Second, do you happen to know where this perfume can be ordered online in Europe, or, better yet, in the Netherlands?

Grazie, ciao!

Put this on tonight after getting out of the shower. Such a soapy rose -- perfect right out of the shower! I can see why the shower gel would be awesome. I love the whiffs of rose that I get randomly while wearing this.

How many sprays of this do you guys wear? I could see this one being too strong and overpowering if sprayed too much. Right now I just did a single spray and I smell it easily through my t-shirt. I wonder how to accommodate my work clothes (undershirt + fully buttoned dress shirt + tie).

Top Bottom