What's new

DIY bladebank with blade silhouette and/or custom label- Great inexpensive gift!

Looks good Icemanxxxv! Can you provide a link to the finish sealer you used. I was concerned about how the graphic might hold up if it got wet. This could make it possible for me to display my blade bank more prominently in my "den," instead of having to put it on a shelf to protect it from potential splashes.

Looks good Icemanxxxv! Can you provide a link to the finish sealer you used. I was concerned about how the graphic might hold up if it got wet. This could make it possible for me to display my blade bank more prominently in my "den," instead of having to put it on a shelf to protect it from potential splashes.
Any Art Sealer spray product would work or simply any clear coat poly or clear top coat in either Flat, Matte, or Gloss. You can find it at your local hardware or Big Box store in the spray paint section. A couple of light coats is all it takes to seal. Don't forget to spray the front and back of the label

hrrrmmmm ..... i might have an idea!!!

there is a tin that is ready to go from target.

see attached! and no, that is certainly not my purse :biggrin1: its the girlfriends

a wrap with this would be great too $536770_10151178782323773_869798305_n.jpg

As I'm totally useless at DYI projects, I'd buy some of these if any hobbyist / vendor ever decides to start selling them.

Nick

As I'm totally useless at DYI projects, I'd buy some of these if any hobbyist / vendor ever decides to start selling them.

Nick

I'm no hobbyist or vendor, but I could probably make a batch, and put em up on BST. How much do you think one should cost? I'm thinking $5-$10, due to materials, labor, and handling. Included shipping would depend on cost of shipment. What would people want to pay for a custom pre-made blade bank?

I love this! I've already got a blade bank that I'm using, but who couldn't use another? This gives me plenty of ideas—thanks everyone!

I'm no hobbyist or vendor, but I could probably make a batch, and put em up on BST. How much do you think one should cost? I'm thinking $5-$10, due to materials, labor, and handling. Included shipping would depend on cost of shipment. What would people want to pay for a custom pre-made blade bank?

I'd guess you are in the right range at $5-$10 including shipping. More so if you can figure a way to safely empty it if/when it ever actually fills up, so it's not disposable in the end.

I'd definitely pay $10 including CONUS shipping. Your time and creative genius is worth the extra cost above making one myself, especially since I'm sure I'd make a mess of it. At that price, I'd probably get a couple of them.

Nick

I'd definitely pay $10 including CONUS shipping. Your time and creative genius is worth the extra cost above making one myself, especially since I'm sure I'd make a mess of it. At that price, I'd probably get a couple of them.

Nick

I can't take full credit for the end product. It was, after all, AceByTerror's design that sparked this idea. I just applied it to my pre-existing blade bank, and made it customizable. I'll talk to him about it, and see what happens.

Last edited:
Just ran across this thread while looking for another one. This is such an outstanding idea, I am doing to do it to mine the next time my son takes a nap. Until now, I'd been putting small refrigerator magnets on mine, but this will look much better and much more classy.

And yes, the $5-10 dollar range sounds about right. Even if you don't have a way to empty them out, I think people would still jump on them. As long as it would take to fill it up, I think most people would be fine with it.

It's not a purse... it's a European shoulder bag... yeah.. that's it...

Indiana Jones used one.............

I love it. Those old adds are great and really change it from just a spay painted can into something worth keeping out on the counter.

I do plan to make some of these banks after the holidays, when things have slowed down. I'm thinking of making a few different ones- definitely by brand, but I am also planning to group ads based on categories too: shaving creams, aftershaves, multiple brands of razors, pretty woman type of ads. I'm excited to do this, and I look forward to taking this on in 2013 (if the world doesn't end today). Have a safe, blessed, and Happy Holidays everyone!

Top Bottom