Discussion thread for B/S/T rules Clarification

Discussion in 'The Badger & Blade Marketplace' started by luvmysuper, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvmysuper

luvmysuper Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Gents - This is the discussion thread for the B/S/T Rules as posted here;

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/249294-BST-Rules-Clarified

If you feel there is clarification necessary, post your comments here.

If you have a question about the rules, post them here.

If you feel there is ambiguity, post your recommended solution here.

All input is welcome and member comments are, as always, taken into consideration.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. I read the rules posted this morning. Nothing struck me as being new or different. Is there some significant change or addition?

Thanks!

3. luvmysuper

Nothing new there, just clarified to remove possible ambiguity.

4. I don't really know for sure if I've ever seen any ambiguity in the B/S/T. I'm not even sure if I would recognize it if I saw any, and I don't know what, if anything, should be done about it.

5. luvmysuper

I'm happy that you are clear on it.
    The old thread had several hundred posts with questions though, so we thought it was due.

6. maxman

maxman Moderator Emeritus

It couldn't be laid out any clearer in my opinion.
    :thumbup1:

7. Thanks for taking the time, Phil. Its much more straight forward now.

And thanks for your clarification, Tom

8. Phil,

Sensational!!!!!

I really appreciate the time taken to consolidate the rules and present easily and clearly.

Many thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

9. Good job, and thanks for taking the time and effort to do this. It can only result in a better experience for everyone.

10. Good clarification on number of threads and price reductions in FS threads, there was quite some confusion about that if I remember correctly.

11. luvmysuper

Glad that this appears to be clearer to folks.
    If you do have a question or a comment, please feel free to post it in this thread.
    Navigating the B/S/T shouldn't be difficult, and we want everyone to know what the expectations are.
    With a group as large as the B&B membership, there are bound to be some interpretation differences, and we can address those as they come up.

12. Perhaps I've always been in the wrong, if so shame on me, but is

"12.) Payments via Paypal are to be made under the "Goods and Services" option. Sellers are forbidden to request or require "Personal Payments" for items in the B/S/T."

a new rule? And if so, I'm curious as to why.

13. AABCDS

AABCDS Contributor

No, it's not a new rule. I believe the rule is present for two reasons:

1. It's against PayPal rules to use the personal payment option to pay for goods and, hence, bypassing the PayPal fees assessed when using the "Goods and Services" option.
    2. Using the personal payment option affords the buyer no protection and recourse if something were to go wrong, ie. item lost or damaged during shipment, item never received, or item not as described.

Moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  14. luvmysuper

Righto James.

It's not new, just wasn't emphasized somehow in the last incarnation.
    People using the BST are buying goods.
    The personal payment option is there for some one to send money to a kid in College, repay a loan or something of that nature.
    Aside from potentially putting a buyer in a difficult spot by having to claim to PayPal that an item wasn't received, when theoretically you were not paying for an item to begin with, it's disingenuous and dishonest.
    We may not like PayPal, but they have a right to collect a fee for the services they provide.

15. noahpictures

noahpictures Contributor

+1

Many thanks!

16. I'm not arguing it, contradicting it or naysaying it. I totally understand it and agree with it. Just can't say I remember it being there before, and if it were a new rule, I was simply curious as to why it was newly implemented. That was all.

Thanks

17. Mr. Scruffy

Mr. Scruffy Moderator Emeritus Contributor

No problem, that why this discussion thread is here.

18. I seem to remember there were a couple of different threads containing rules...this is great because it consolidates everything into one place--which will help eliminate the confusion.
    Hopefully :001_tongu

19. Thanks for the clarification, I had somehow missed the one post per week rule.....................

20. I had a question about the 20% rule for reposted items. If in the old thread you start at a certain price, and then lower the price by 10% or whatever it might be, is the 20% drop from the original price or the final price from the old thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.