What's new

Discussion/ Review: Cadet Razors from Shave a Buck!!

Thanks all for the assistance.

I too measured the length of the thread: 1/2" = 15mm

As for the hacksaw, I am not so handy with these types of tools. I would probably cause more harm with such an attempt! :blink:

Ok, thanks a lot. In my UFO U2 and UFO Godzilla I can screw until 18 mm long. I think Cadet OC will fit without an issue also. I'm awaiting some Cadet OC heads

Ok, thanks a lot. In my UFO U2 and UFO Godzilla I can screw until 18 mm long. I think Cadet OC will fit without an issue also. I'm awaiting some Cadet OC heads

That is wonderful news to me - I am awaiting several UFO handles including U2, Goliath XL, and Zeus. I will use on of these with the Cadet head!

Had first shave today with the tp-02, with an astra blade.
Love the handle and the balance. It is quite aggressive. More so than the Gillette NEW in my opinion. I am now curious to try the other three piece model.
It may be too aggressive for my skin but it is no doubt an excellent quality product.

Had my first shaves with the TP-27 with both closed comb and open comb heads.
I am really impressed with the quality of the finishing as well as how they perform.
The closed and open comb heads are more similar than different in how they shave. Both give lots of audible feedback. Both give a BBS shave.
The closed comb is more aggressive than my Jagger DE89. The open comb is more aggressive than my Gillette New LC.
I found the closed comb slightly more comfortable. I may just need more time with the open comb.
I keep "faceturbating", amazed at how close these razors shave.
They are both winners!

proxy.php

Cadet TP-26 with Open Comb Head. For those who like a heavy handle, this is very nice, feels perfectly balanced in your hands.

I was supposed to settle with the ones i already own but i knew then i saw your picture that i had to buy a tp-26 open comb. So i did a moment ago and i cant wait for it to arrive! :drool:
What a beauty!!!

The O/C will fit the UFO Godzilla, but it takes a bit of screwing in. So take your time and fit the head on a few times without a blade to loosen the threads a bit before you fit it with a blade if you like your fingers...........:scared:

I had my first shave with the Cadet TP-27 OC today,I paired it with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black.Right out of the box it looks great,nice heft and balance,very good knurling and plating.The head does resemble a chrome FaTip Grande head,but I think the Cadet overall is better made.

The shave is also way better than the FaTip,very smooth and efficient with very good feedback.If pressed I would say it's just a lil more aggressive than a FaTip,but not as aggressive as the r41.Does it shave better than a Joris,hell no,is it a poor mans Joris,hell no.It's a great razor with it's own thing going and a real bargain.Now I'll have to order the TTO model :lol:

Thanks for the review, Gerry. I'm waiting on a TP-27 in OC as well. It sounds really nice! Maybe as I plus, I'll be able to use it with my iKon handle, which I unfortunately can't with my Fatip head. I'll give the included handle a shot of course, but I'm not a big fan of the longer handles.

I had my first shave with the Cadet TP-27 OC today,I paired it with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black.Right out of the box it looks great,nice heft and balance,very good knurling and plating.The head does resemble a chrome FaTip Grande head,but I think the Cadet overall is better made.

The shave is also way better than the FaTip,very smooth and efficient with very good feedback.If pressed I would say it's just a lil more aggressive than a FaTip,but not as aggressive as the r41.Does it shave better than a Joris,hell no,is it a poor mans Joris,hell no.It's a great razor with it's own thing going and a real bargain.Now I'll have to order the TTO model :lol:

Ordered a TP-26 with open comb head over the weekend. My current favourite razor is my Merkur 25c but I was looking for a more aggressive open comb and was considering a Fatip as my next purchase but the price on the cadets made them pretty irresistable. Going by the reviews here and in the BOTOC thread this razor should be just what I am looking for.

Thanks for the review, Gerry. I'm waiting on a TP-27 in OC as well. It sounds really nice! Maybe as I plus, I'll be able to use it with my iKon handle, which I unfortunately can't with my Fatip head. I'll give the included handle a shot of course, but I'm not a big fan of the longer handles.

I felt the same way about lighter handles and razors,not so much for shaving my mug,but for shaving the dome.I felt at the time that heavier and longer worked best for head shaves.Time has proven me wrong and I can get a great shave from a smallish razor (FaTip Piccolo/Gillette Slim) to a (FaTip/Godzilla/Joris).

On another note if you have a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black, load it into the Cadet,both are made in India and it just may be the blade the manufacturers of the Cadet used for their tests.I have no inside knowledge about this other than the fact that the Black performed like this razor was made for it.

Looks like the TP-26 is out of stock for now -- any idea when the next batch will come in?

Also, do you know if there are any plans to bring a TTO with a black handle to market?

Thank you!

For purposes of documentation, compatibility and enabling, gents. To say that Cadet screw protrudes 11.4 mm from the comb, and fits well in UFO handles, which supported from 14 mm of U1 to 18 mm of U2 and Godzilla.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom