What's new

Difference between Mach3 and Mach3 Turbo?

Comparing the Mach 3 to a Sensor is like comparing a Chevy Cavalier to a Dodge Neon. Both are worthless and neither compare to a Lexus (a DE).

You know I would have to strongly disagree that a Cavalier, or a Neon is worthless. I have driven both: they both got me from point A to point B, and sometimes that is all that matters. I have never driven an overpriced luxury car, and honestly never have any desire to do so.

On the same token, I don't think two bladed cartridge razors are worthless. Millions shave with them everyday, and seem perfectly happy.

I also don't think it is very welcoming to a newbie, to tell them what they are doing currently is worthless.

I do think, however, that anything more than two blades is overkill, and quite simply a total waste of money. :biggrin:

J

Jarmo P

I can get a good shave with cartridges too.
Or electric foil shavers, well, maybe not a close one on neck where whiskers are not tough.

Still I'm recommending to original poster to try one blade non pivotable shaving. Also to cymric too try back get a better technique.

It is and cannot be avoided: If you dont use pressure with pivotable thingies, the angle of shave won't be right. This means also that your skin gets irritated more than with DEs.

We'll have to agree to disagree. For me, the Sensor is like a Honda Accord versus the M3's Dodge Neon. Clearly superior.

Still not a Lexus, but much better than the Neon.

I actually used to get a closer, more comfortable shave with the M3 than I did with a Sensor. I never cared for the Sensor at all.

You know I would have to strongly disagree that a Cavalier, or a Neon is worthless. I have driven both: they both got me from point A to point B, and sometimes that is all that matters. I have never driven an overpriced luxury car, and honestly never have any desire to do so.

On the same token, I don't think two bladed cartridge razors are worthless. Millions shave with them everyday, and seem perfectly happy.

I also don't think it is very welcoming to a newbie, to tell them what they are doing currently is worthless.

I do think, however, that anything more than two blades is overkill, and quite simply a total waste of money. :biggrin:

Anything with more than ONE blade is a waste. And aren't we here to help the newbies? How are we helping them if we're not trying to lead them down a road that's going away from cartridges?

Last edited:
G

gone down south

Anything with more than ONE blade is a waste. And aren't we here to help the newbies? How are we helping them if we're not trying to lead down a road that's going away from cartridges?

IYO. I get great M3 shaves, I only gave them up because of cost.

Anything with more than ONE blade is a waste. And aren't we here to help the newbies? How are we helping them if we're not trying to lead them down a road that's going away from cartridges?

I simply think there are better ways of approaching the subject, rather than flat out saying, their current method is worthless.

A) "Your current setup is fine, if it works for you keep with it, however, I have found a setup that I find to be far superior!"

B) "Your current Mach 3 razor is a bottom of the bucket piece of crap. I can't believe you are so foolish as to use such a piece of garbage. You should really be using the far superior classic style Double Edge razor!".

I think you will win far more converts with approach A, vs. approach B. :thumbup:

The Mach 3 Turbo has more "fins" than the regular Mach 3.

True. I think it's 5 on the Original Mach 3 and 10 on the Mach 3 Turbo.

The cartridge color is different, black vs. gray. The moisture strip is different and better IMHO on the Turbo.

Sometimes I think the Turbo is better sometimes the Mach 3 but I will say that I notice less drag on the Turbo. The Turbo's have Anti-Friction coating (no idea what that means exactly) while the Mach 3 original has DLC edges (Diamond Like Carbon).

The prices are certainly different now with the B.S. advent of 5 packs. About a 2 dollar difference between the Turbo and the Original.

I simply think there are better ways of approaching the subject, rather than flat out saying, their current method is worthless.

A) "Your current setup is fine, if it works for you keep with it, however, I have found a setup that I find to be far superior!"

B) "Your current Mach 3 razor is a bottom of the bucket piece of crap. I can't believe you are so foolish as to use such a piece of garbage. You should really be using the far superior classic style Double Edge razor!".

I think you will win far more converts with approach A, vs. approach B. :thumbup:

True, but that doesn't change the fact statement B makes.

Last edited:
True, but that doesn't change the fact the statement B makes.

Point to you sir. :biggrin:

Having now used, and got accustomed to a DE razor, I find the pivot action of the Mach 3, and Fusion to be near worthless. It just feels really funny on my face. I have also heard that their method of attachment guarantees, the most aggressive shave possible.

If I choose to use a cartridge at times, it will be either the Atra, or the Trac II. The Trac II is wonderful for it's bare bones simplicity, and the Atra, in my opinion is the best pivot they have invented. :biggrin:

Point to you sir. :biggrin:

Having now used, and got accustomed to a DE razor, I find the pivot action of the Mach 3, and Fusion to be near worthless. It just feels really funny on my face. I have also heard that their method of attachment guarantees, the most aggressive shave possible.

If I choose to use a cartridge at times, it will be either the Atra, or the Trac II. The Trac II is wonderful for it's bare bones simplicity, and the Atra, in my opinion is the best pivot they have invented. :biggrin:

Oh, I still think the M3 is the best of the cartridges, I just think cartridges suck compared to DEs.

I liked the Mach3 Turbo better than the Mach3. After using the Turbo for many years I could tell a difference between the two.

It seems your rationale for stating your opinion as fact is that those who prefer cartridges must do so either because they are DE newbies, or they just don't know any better, or perhaps both. I have many DEs and blades, have my technique down, have been doing it for years, and I still find I gravitate more toward a Sensor Excel on most days (and sometimes a Trac II), as it's what I generally prefer. While I agree that Gillette (and Schick, in a copycat role) are getting more and more absurd with their so-called "improvements," I still cannot view your statement as anything more than opinion, the correctness of which will vary per individual. That you state it as unalterable fact I think does more to discredit your position than it does to strengthen it, at least among those who know enough to be able to make their own, well-informed choices.

The difference in the M3 vs. the M3 Turbo is that the turbo is backed by an intercooled turbo-charger capable of stripping off several dermal layers with a single pass. :biggrin:

I do not use the silly vibrating handle, by the way; I've bought a nice solid steel one.
What difference does it make using a different handle with a cartridge blade.
Better balance?
Looks nicer?
Does it give you a better shave?

What difference does it make using a different handle with a cartridge blade.
The handle of the M3Power is quite thick because it must house a battery; and it is relatively light due to it being all plastic and a little rubber. I wanted something slimmer and something better-looking. Hence my buying another handle. Balance is not really an issue as the pivot absorbs much of the arm's movement; it just feels more pleasant in my hand.

The best was the Sensor3 but cant find those anymore....thanks to fusion...anyway I'm converted DE and soon to be straight!

Have tried both and found the regular Mach3 blade wasn't as harsh on my face, plus the original mach3 cartridges are cheaper, which is always a plus :biggrin:

Top Bottom