What's new

Didn't want to buy no more but...

I been D.E shaving for around 10 years & over the years I like to keep less razors as possible but recently I bought 3 all under £10 or less :001_07: if I see something that's vintage & that's not particularly common or something new to me I will take the chance & splurge frugally :001_302:

So what I got is a German razor with tech style head, a bakelite minora tech & a Rotbart razor also with a tech style head.

German made tech type razor came unused in a grooming set, I took the heads & handle out the clear wrap very new, the head is like a Gillette tech but a tad wider & thicker, the finish on it is dullish maybe its the metal used but looks good & is built robustly, the ball end handle is short solid & pretty hefty for its miniature size reminds me of my Fatip piccolo handle. On the baseplate it has a stamp on the bottom that says GERMANY, Any idea who made this? Or do one of you guys have the same?

The Bakelite minora razor with a tech style head, this razor i always wanted, i saw a few in the past but they was priced unreasonably, I have a softspot for the colour of bakelite & the way it looks, I read somewhere minora was taken over from Gillette , this razor has a bakelite handle very light as you can imagine, the top plate is metal with a Flat Bottom T pin (nice) baseplate is Bakelite, its thick & wide, fits perfectly together & holds the blade exceptionally tight & controlled, I only shaved with this razor from the 3 mentioned here, this is aggressive for a tech style head :117: I have or used most common tech razors canadian, fat handle, british flat bottom, aluminum tech, ball-ends all from different decades, I find it mild to medium aggressiveness but more aggressive then the traditional tech heads I'm used to apart from the shavecraft tech & cheap rapira razor which both are more aggressive, a happy medium with efficiency is a plus from this & the audio feedback is a nice touch. This tech overtakes my former favorite tech the British thin handle flat bottom tech.

Finally I got a Rotbart razor its basically a tech clone too, the handle is light it has a nice smooth knurl design which looks cool, it has a Rotbart logo on the top plate which is metal built strongly, baseplate is clear plastic very similar in size & design as most tech heads, I really haven't seen many or very very few of these around so I thought it would be nice to have one, shave will probably be super mild like most techs.

Here are a few images (picture heavy**)
, if anyone has anything similar or information on these would love to read.

_20170307_033127.JPG

_20170307_032926.JPG

_20170307_032756.JPG

_20170307_032526.JPG

_20170307_032408.JPG

_20170307_032123.JPG

_20170307_031946.JPG

_20170307_031634.JPG

_20170307_031344.JPG

I been D.E shaving for around 10 years & over the years I like to keep less razors as possible but recently I bought 3 all under £10 or less :001_07: if I see something that's vintage & that's not particularly common or something new to me I will take the chance & splurge frugally :001_302:

So what I got is a German razor with tech style head, a bakelite minora tech & a Rotbart razor also with a tech style head.

German made tech type razor came unused in a grooming set, I took the heads & handle out the clear wrap very new, the head is like a Gillette tech but a tad wider & thicker, the finish on it is dullish maybe its the metal used but looks good & is built robustly, the ball end handle is short solid & pretty hefty for its miniature size reminds me of my Fatip piccolo handle. On the baseplate it has a stamp on the bottom that says GERMANY, Any idea who made this? Or do one of you guys have the same?

The Bakelite minora razor with a tech style head, this razor i always wanted, i saw a few in the past but they was priced unreasonably, I have a softspot for the colour of bakelite & the way it looks, I read somewhere minora was taken over from Gillette , this razor has a bakelite handle very light as you can imagine, the top plate is metal with a Flat Bottom T pin (nice) baseplate is Bakelite, its thick & wide, fits perfectly together & holds the blade exceptionally tight & controlled, I only shaved with this razor from the 3 mentioned here, this is aggressive for a tech style head :117: I have or used most common tech razors canadian, fat handle, british flat bottom, aluminum tech, ball-ends all from different decades, I find it mild to medium aggressiveness but more aggressive then the traditional tech heads I'm used to apart from the shavecraft tech & cheap rapira razor which both are more aggressive, a happy medium with efficiency is a plus from this & the audio feedback is a nice touch. This tech overtakes my former favorite tech the British thin handle flat bottom tech.

Finally I got a Rotbart razor its basically a tech clone too, the handle is light it has a nice smooth knurl design which looks cool, it has a Rotbart logo on the top plate which is metal built strongly, baseplate is clear plastic very similar in size & design as most tech heads, I really haven't seen many or very very few of these around so I thought it would be nice to have one, shave will probably be super mild like most techs.

Here are a few images (picture heavy**)
, if anyone has anything similar or information on these would love to read.

View attachment 773796
View attachment 773797
View attachment 773798
View attachment 773799
View attachment 773800
View attachment 773801
View attachment 773802
View attachment 773803
View attachment 773804

I have what I believe to be the original 4 piece set of the Merkur Vision. Is that something worth owning? Did not know if the Vision 2000 was the plum or if this might have some value, too.

I have what I believe to be the original 4 piece set of the Merkur Vision. Is that something worth owning? Did not know if the Vision 2000 was the plum or if this might have some value, too.

I don't have any knowledge on the merkur vision, my friend maybe you should post on vision related threads via search

Top Bottom