What's new

DFW Get-together?

I'm still keeping an eye on this thread. I'm retired, but always seem to have a lot of irons in the fire. Some though could be moved around if a date is firmed up.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread in case I can come to town for a get-together. Aged parents have consumed a lot of time in the past year.

I have bought several things on the reddit forums and have already found three fellow wet shavers in the DFW area. I would love to meet up with others.

I'm interested. Work in Dallas and live in Rockwall .it would be cool to meet up with some members. It would be super cool to exchange info and compare technique for honing.

I'm interested. Work in Dallas and live in Rockwall .it would be cool to meet up with some members. It would be super cool to exchange info and compare technique for honing.

Do you do your own honing? I am just now starting to learn. Have you tried lapping film? Seems to be popular here.

Lapping film rocks. I did a few with sand paper bevel set and lapping film progression. I believe film is best for maintenance of edge. If you want to restore I'd get a king 1k 6k to start for bevel set then lapping film to finish. I been honing for about a year and a half. I'd consider myself pretty good at it. I sent a blade to a member in Washington and had a chance to meet up and share face to face . That was cool. I'm in rockwall if you ever want to meet up and talk honing.

Lapping film rocks. I did a few with sand paper bevel set and lapping film progression. I believe film is best for maintenance of edge. If you want to restore I'd get a king 1k 6k to start for bevel set then lapping film to finish. I been honing for about a year and a half. I'd consider myself pretty good at it. I sent a blade to a member in Washington and had a chance to meet up and share face to face . That was cool. I'm in rockwall if you ever want to meet up and talk honing.

I would absolutely love to meat up if you have time. I have a Norton 1/4K and a nanawa 8K stone. I also have a full set of lapping film along with other accessories. I had a plexiglas piece made about the size of a normal honing stone but longer. It makes for a great surface to adhere lapping film. It was a custom job so I had to get several. You are more than welcome to have one.

If you are planning on honing any of your razors I would really appreciate the opportunity to do so with you and maybe bring my stuff and you can tell me if I am honing correctly? I also bring food and/or beer with me.

I would absolutely love to meat up if you have time. I have a Norton 1/4K and a nanawa 8K stone. I also have a full set of lapping film along with other accessories. I had a plexiglas piece made about the size of a normal honing stone but longer. It makes for a great surface to adhere lapping film. It was a custom job so I had to get several. You are more than welcome to have one.

If you are planning on honing any of your razors I would really appreciate the opportunity to do so with you and maybe bring my stuff and you can tell me if I am honing correctly? I also bring food and/or beer with me.

I don't have any honing or SR experience, but a poster here ( @Luecke2326 ) saw me posting about several items I found, including a SR. He offered to get it back into shape for me, so I expect to start SR shaving in the near future. I would love to sponge information off y'all. I'll contribute what I can, but doubt it would be much, maybe some misconceptions :) I live in Grapevine, so a fairly short trip, at least in Texas :)

Top Bottom