What's new

Denver Meet March 12 2016

First time was a charm - that's why I'm looking forward to another one!

So, did you find wet-sanding to provide any benefits, or was it just an interesting experiment that day?
Oh, glad you mentioned that, now I know who you are. Yes the wet sanding is much better! I have also sometimes added grit to the slurry. Thanks for the tip.

Garlic Knot Mayfair
6217 East 14th Ave
Denver, CO 80220

The room we normally meet in at the other location is taken, so we moved to a different Garlic Knot.

If you have said that you're coming, please post so that I know you have seen this.

Location change noted. See you there.

I've not been to one of these meets before. Other than socializing and putting some faces on the awesome posts I read, what is the agenda? I have a few items that I'm not using, is it okay to bring them to offer up as PIF's or trades?

Location change noted. See you there.

I've not been to one of these meets before. Other than socializing and putting some faces on the awesome posts I read, what is the agenda? I have a few items that I'm not using, is it okay to bring them to offer up as PIF's or trades?
Yes, it is fine and encouraged to bring stuff. We normally do a bunch of honing. If you have any stones bring them. There will normally be stones and strops for you to try there. And of course bring your straight razors.

I'm not yet a straight razor guy. I got a whipped dog a couple of years ago and realized that the learning curve was too steep for how busy I am in real life. I will probably wait until I'm retired to take that up in earnest.

I will be interested to see what the rest of you have, though. And I have some balms, AS, and soap to PIF or trade so it should be a fun lunch.

Top Bottom