What's new

DeLuxe Shaving Co. 30mm Silvertip... Yes please!

I just received an order from DeLuxe Shaving Co out of Canada recently and wanted to share my thoughts. I ordered their massive 30mm Silvertip brush, as well as a tub of Soul Man Shaving Cream.

This is my first Silvertip, and also my largest brush. This thing is beastly! I should have taken a picture pre-bloom, but it wasn't much smaller. This knot is dense! Great face feel, a bit skritchy compared to my synthetic brushes, but much softer than my Semogue boar. Also a bit less backbone than the synthetics. This brush holds a TON of water and soap. With a sufficient load, I could probably do 5 or 6 passes very comfortably. This is not an everyday brush though, just due to it being too big to properly load with some of my soaps in smaller containers. It's very fun to face lather though!

I also received the Soul Man cream, and this stuff might be one of my favorite scents I own. It's described as "a rich blend of sweet orange and bourbon combined with the warm spicy sent of caramel and toasted vanilla". I also pick up the secondary scents of chocolate and cherry, and perhaps some tobacco? This is a very "jazz club" type scent. You get the feeling you're in New Orleans on a fall day sipping some sweet bourbon. Very nice. It lathers up wonderfully too. If you get a chance, check out DeLuxe Shaving Co. Very unique scents on their creams and soaps.

Below are a couple pictures of my brushes to show the size comparisons. From left to right: DeLuxe 30mm Silvertip, Stirling 26mm Synthetic Kong, Bruce 24mm Synthetic, Semogue 620 21mm Boar.
IMAG2052.jpg
IMAG2054.jpg
IMAG2055.jpg

The dilemma I'm facing is that I like big knot brushes and know about the deluxe brush but also have a romera brush on order. Also I would like a declaration brushworks franklin and a m&f 3xl.
Someone please stop me.

Seriously how does the deluxe compare to a higher end brush?

I just received an order from DeLuxe Shaving Co out of Canada recently and wanted to share my thoughts. I ordered their massive 30mm Silvertip brush, as well as a tub of Soul Man Shaving Cream.

This is my first Silvertip, and also my largest brush. This thing is beastly! I should have taken a picture pre-bloom, but it wasn't much smaller. This knot is dense! Great face feel, a bit skritchy compared to my synthetic brushes, but much softer than my Semogue boar. Also a bit less backbone than the synthetics. This brush holds a TON of water and soap. With a sufficient load, I could probably do 5 or 6 passes very comfortably. This is not an everyday brush though, just due to it being too big to properly load with some of my soaps in smaller containers. It's very fun to face lather though!

I also received the Soul Man cream, and this stuff might be one of my favorite scents I own. It's described as "a rich blend of sweet orange and bourbon combined with the warm spicy sent of caramel and toasted vanilla". I also pick up the secondary scents of chocolate and cherry, and perhaps some tobacco? This is a very "jazz club" type scent. You get the feeling you're in New Orleans on a fall day sipping some sweet bourbon. Very nice. It lathers up wonderfully too. If you get a chance, check out DeLuxe Shaving Co. Very unique scents on their creams and soaps.

Below are a couple pictures of my brushes to show the size comparisons. From left to right: DeLuxe 30mm Silvertip, Stirling 26mm Synthetic Kong, Bruce 24mm Synthetic, Semogue 620 21mm Boar.
View attachment 762340 View attachment 762341 View attachment 762342
Is huge! LOL

NICE LOOKING! (Large for my tastes which are in the 20-24 mm range, but YMMV for sure). ENJOY!

It won't seem so beastly once you get accustomed to it. It helps to use a larger mug. For that size of brush I use soup mugs and of the soup mugs I prefer the short wide ones.

I have five 30mm brushes, four silvertips and one high mountain. The vary in loft from 58mm to 69mm. My favorite brush is the 30mm X 69mm silvertip. Again, it helps a lot to have a big mug.

My 38mm silvertip, now that is a beast.

Just allow yourself the time to learn to use it and you will learn to really enjoy it.

The deluxe shave co handle is beautiful I ordered one a few months back and my wife confiscated it because she thought the handle was "pretty" she liked the synthetic fibers until she used one of my two band badgers recently and loved it so I'm gonna reknot it for her. I didn't even know they offered a silvertip. Very cool!

That's a nice looking brush! I really like the gasoline green with black!
I have a brush with a 30mm finest banded badger. Fully loaded, you could lather your entire face and head at least 5 times. I'm sure it'll be the same with the Deluxe.

The deluxe shave co handle is beautiful I ordered one a few months back and my wife confiscated it because she thought the handle was "pretty" she liked the synthetic fibers until she used one of my two band badgers recently and loved it so I'm gonna reknot it for her. I didn't even know they offered a silvertip. Very cool!
Of all of your brushes in the picture you posted in another thread, the Deluxe is the one that stood out from the rest and caught my eye!

It really is a beautiful brush. Very unique handle color and the bloom is just exquisite.

Of all of your brushes in the picture you posted in another thread, the Deluxe is the one that stood out from the rest and caught my eye!
Yes this brush just pops I really love the styling of the handle. Can't wait to receive the 2 band badger that will grace it.

Thought I’d kick this thread back up again as I’ve had this brush for about 3 months now and it has been a superb performer. Cool looking retro scheme and color that fits comfortably in the hands. Didn’t take long to break it in, perhaps half a dozen shaves and the funk was gone after about a dozen or so shaves. I purchased the blemished one from their site and I honestly did not see one single issue with the brush in terms of finish and quality. Another thing that surprised me was the brushes ability to release lather. I’ve had no issues with it being a lather hog at all. The tips were pretty soft when new and now are just perfect. Just the right amount of backbone and just a slight hint of scritch that is perfect for face lathering, though I mostly bowl lather. I’ve only lost 2 hairs since the day I received it back in the first week of October. Just a marvelous brush with all the qualities and feel of a brush costing 2-3 times as much for under $60. Actually I purchased it for $42.99 as it was a blem item. Is it big? To me not so, but I love big brushes as I have a 34mm F 400 that is massive, so this brush does not feel big to me at all. To others that prefer a smaller knot in the 20-24mm range it can be a little out of the norm, but the performance and quality more than make up for its bigger than average look. An excellent addition for anyone that would like to venture into the big brush scene. A true bargain......

B08C8B83-A852-42B3-A04D-1E1FF889A0AA.jpeg

0FD73BAA-2A63-4F4C-8ED5-04A406EEB57E.jpeg

5AC313FE-0AFE-4E66-8022-A463B3D73AF6.jpeg

funny that this thread started back up today, I just used mine this morning in one of the HTGAM 6 oz wide tins, it's like this brush was built for the large tin format, quick and easy to load and like a pillow on the face. This brush gets better every time I use it, this brush delivers bang for the buck, my only knock is it loses a small amount of hair every now and then, but it definitely won't run out anytime soon.

Top Bottom