What's new

December Photo Challenge: Illumination

This was a good challenge. It got me out in the cold and dark!

I'll put in this shot:
$Lit-Windows.jpg

MY VOTE: ChapInAHat. I like the perspective, lines and angles, and I am a sucker for perspective, lines and angles. :) Truly great shots this month. Wow.

Oh Man! Voting Time! Well certainly a tough one this time, now that I can fully appreciate night time exposures! There's a couple I really want to go for, but in the end I shall cast my vote for shaveitoff! I'm a sucker for a lonely atmosphere!

My vote is for shm. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a tripod so I can get into long exposure shooting. I like the simplicity of this capture, and I like the spirit of trying something new!
I would like to say that this challenge really has been a challenge for me.
I think I had several ideas to try out, but I have not been able to pull them off - for some reason they wouldn't materialise like I wanted.

However, even though I'm not satisfied I will still enter, I have at least tried and learned :001_smile
And just for the record: I think the theme for the challenge has been great, and it have made me try out a couple of new things :thumbup:

My entry will be this photo from my little village; two supermarket signs, a traffic light with all three colours showing and a passing salt-truck with warning lights on.

proxy.php

My vote is for shm. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a tripod so I can get into long exposure shooting. I like the simplicity of this capture, and I like the spirit of trying something new!

Everythings a tripod! I set my camera down on whatevers in front of me and use the 2 second timer :thumbup1:

Everythings a tripod! I set my camera down on whatevers in front of me and use the 2 second timer :thumbup1:

I've done that several times as well, it is most often possible to find something to support the camera - "Adapt, improvise, overcome" as the Clint said in one of his movies :wink:

I'm going with SHM.. and believe it or not, that regal neon was taken without a tripod! I almost passed on it with the broken heon bulb but then I figured it gave it character

Top Bottom