What's new

December 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooohooooo, one of the blade packages I ordered last month finally came in! 100 Voskhod blades. Just waiting on the 100 Rapira Platinum Lux now.

Since I had dropped out of the restraint for something else, when I ran across this little guy I decided to pick it up.

Elusive yellow can found in the wild!

proxy.php

The restraint ending purchase is more exciting, I promise.

It has been a while since I posted anything, but here are my latest acquisitions. I call it my Aristocrat family. I have what I think is a 1934 Aristocrat, a cased set for a 1947 Aristocrat and a 1964 (J4) Aristocrat Adjustable with a case.

$IMG_6563.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Another little box of goodies. Not as nice as my score last month from the same guy, but I'm satisfied with what I got, although, I don't even know what a few of the razors are! :lol:

$2015-12-20.jpg

Nice score! I especially like the ABC Pocket Edition razor front and center, although it does not appear to be the correct case for it, as well as the Rubberset 400 and butterscotch handle brushes. I would be absolutely thrilled with a score like that!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice score! I especially like the ABC Pocket Edition razor front and center, although it does not appear to be the correct case for it, as well as the Rubberset 400 and butterscotch handle brushes. I would be absolutely thrilled with a score like that!

Thanks. The ABC was one of the razors that I knew I had seen in pictures, but wasn't sure what it was. It's serial number dates it to 1910. The Rubberset needs a new knot (the bristles looks fine, but there is mold built up at the base of the knot). The butterscotch handled brush is a Made Rite 45 with a pure badger knot. I cleaned it last night and will probably try shaving with it tonight or tomorrow.

[MENTION=75332]redrider_99[/MENTION] - I searched high and low for that stuff and eventually found some at the small grocery store around the corner from my house. It's really good as far as canned stuff goes.

Thanks [MENTION=32487]DrColossus11[/MENTION], I'm excited to try it sometime soon when I need a quick shave.

As to my restraint-ending purchase...

$EpicSoapLot.jpg

It was a huge for sale lot on another forum I couldn't pass up.

Are they all full? If so, that's easily 3 years worth of soap.

They're all used, most only slightly. This dwarfs my current stash and I already had 3 years of soap.

I have no intention to keep it all. A guy was selling the whole lot without splitting and there was enough in there I wanted to try that I felt like it was worth my time to buy, try, and split what I don't keep.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I got a bunch of blades in yesterday and some more in today, but what I really was looking forward to was this RazoRock Plissoft synthetic brush. I've only done a test lather, but right out of the box it whipped up crazy amounts of lather with minimal effort, and it feels great. Plus, it was only $10.

$RazoRock Plissoft.jpg

[MENTION=103898]CBLindsay[/MENTION] Thank you so much for 1/8th of the world's homemade clubman soap! I opened it at Christmas and the family all had to give them a sniff. My bride even commented she liked the Veg-infused soap! Oh noes -- I might have to give the aftershave another try.

$clindsay.jpg

[MENTION=89737]kansaskyle[/MENTION] I am happy to hear you like the assortment.

Yes, The Veg is properly represented in soap form and pairs nicely with the aftershave.

Our pal Skypsyd reviewed the clubman soap and gave it high marks in many areas (lacks residual glide-so no touching up without lather!).

Anyway... Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom