What's new

Decanting question: Where to source glass bottles with glass flow restrictors

I save all my glass aftershave bottles. When I buy an aftershave that comes in a plastic bottle like Clubman I just poor it into an old cleaned Fine or Stirling A/S bottle. I have plenty of them under the sink!

I use the 5 oz Tapatio hot sauce bottles. I go through about one bottle of sauce a week, after reading this suggestion I started saving them. I should have a nice collection in no time.

I am looking for bottles that are 6, 8, or 12oz. made of glass with flow restrictors. I would prefer the flow restrictor be glass and built in rather than a plastic insert........ Bottles like the 400ml glass barbershop bottles that many of the Italian aftershaves, like Floid, come in would be ideal. Does anyone know of a place where I can find similar bottles, empty, for a reasonable cost? They don't have to have labels, or be vintage.
Thanks.

Doug I have searched and searched for the same thing. I have had no luck!! We know these bottles exist because as you and others have stated some modern companies use them.

I can understand the cost effectiveness of the hot sauce bottles. But to me, nothing beats a vintage bottle for style. I don't have a very large AS collection, so the cost to me isn't that high. Here are the few that I have...
(L to R...Lucky Tiger Face Tonic, Tabac in Pinaud Hair Tonic Bottle, Clubman in Vegetal Bottle, Family Dollar Spice in Small Pinaud bottle)
View attachment 763627

Thread resurrect!
@DukeNDuke, will the green cap fit & screw onto the smaller Pinaud bottle? I have that same smaller bottle but can't find a cap that fits. The green cap on the modern plastic Clubman Aftershave bottles is too big. Was wondering if that one in your pic would fit? Here's a pic of my (capless bottle) Pinaud bottle I just cleaned out:
2018-06-14 14.24.10.jpg

2018-06-14 14.24.46.jpg

Yes, the green cap from the vintage 12oz bottle also fits the vintage 6oz bottle. I didn't have a cap either, so I used the cap from a tabasco bottle (red one pictured) which fit perfectly.

I use empty Royall bottles (spice, lime or musk). They can be found in 4 oz and 8 oz sizes. I like the pewter crown caps. Prices vary a lot, but if you are patient you can find nicely priced empty bottles on ebay

Top Bottom