CVS Single & Double Edge Blades...

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by Mikeyk, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ...are they any good?

Thanks Mike

2. The CVS DE blades are re-branded ASR Personnas, which are decent. There are much better blades out there, but you could do a lot worse, too.

BTW, these are the same blades you can get at Walmart for about $1.50. At that price, you're definitely getting your money's worth.

3. Take a look at this review:
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1990

If the dispenser looks the same as the one in that picture then it's more than likely the same blades, US Personna. If so, I'd say "Not bad, but not all that good either" All I know is that those blades at Walgreens are over $6 while the same ones at Walmart are less than $2.

4. Mediocre in my book!:frown:

5. These are serviceable blades, and if you're in a pinch, they'll hold you over while you wait for an online order to arrive. As mentioned, you can find these same blades cheaper in Wal-Mart and most grocery stores under other brand names. Just look for "Made in USA" on the package or blade (typically this is visible on the top blade). They have a nice dispenser - works well for travel.

6. hunt down treet brand SE blades (also available locally) or GEM personna.

7. If you have a Family Dollar store near you, try their blades. They are made by Dorco in Korea, and not too bad at all. I found them a little more forgiving than the CVS blades (I didn't make it though a whole pack of the CVS blades).

8. ..I don't think they're bad at all (if anything just a tad aggressive). I'm on my 5th shave with one Dorco loaded in my ABC Gillette. After the second shave, I began hand-stropping the blade before each shave (thanks to D.Irving79's great YouTube video) and I am confident that the 6th shave will be pretty comfortable as well.

Mike

9. always great news :001_smile

10. MAK

MAK

worth a try

11. I think "mediocre" is being a bit generous. I couldn't get a second shave out of them, with the first being a little rough.

Now, this blades I've found to be slightly better than mediocre, but worth the $1.00 per pack price.