What's new

"Cremo" shaving cream experience?

I am currently using the cooling version and I think it is average. It is super slick but does not offer much in protection. I find that Shave Secret does a much better job at protection and I get fewer nicks. After my supply of Cremo is done, I probably won't be buying anymore.

I have Cremo on hand in the red and blue tubes but really like the blue (cooling) better. I used to use it daily when shaving with Gillette disposables. I have used it with DE razors as well but generally only for a real quick shave going with the grain only, when I had zero time for proper wet shave prep.

I used the Cooling version exclusively when I was cart shaving. It is good slick stuff to be used with a lot of water. When SE/DE shaving, I prefer products that brush lather. I use it now mainly as a pre-shave once in awhile. I rub it deep in my whiskers with loads of water before lathering.
Steve

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gents, how much does a tube cost there in the US? Is it easy for you to find? Also, has it been reformulated lately or was its formula already paraben-free?

I think Cremo is good stuff. Good to travel with when you want to travel light and have no clue about the water you will be using.

I didn't know Kiss My Face was a brushless cream. I got some for Christmas and have been using it in a scuttle with a brush. I have been getting great lather and great shaves. I guess sometimes it pays to be clueless.:001_huh:

I didn't know Kiss My Face was a brushless cream. I got some for Christmas and have been using it in a scuttle with a brush. I have been getting great lather and great shaves. I guess sometimes it pays to be clueless.:001_huh:

I use it with a brush too.

My one and only brush -- the no-brand syntho that SWMBO bought me for Christmas, which started me down the wet-shaving path -- died Thursday, and my Omega Pro48 (already ordered at the time) has not yet arrived. So, I figured, what the hell? I'll try something new.

Following label instructions, I obtained excellent results with the red-cap variety of Cremo, although I did have to re-apply after second pass. No blood, no irritation, and every bit as good a shave as I can get with soap and a brush. This was with 48 hours' growth, and a fresh Feather in the 34C.

I won't switch from brush and soap; I like that method. But for traveling, I just might pack the Cremo instead of brush, soap, and bowl. I will certainly recommend it to people who have no interest in brush and soap -- it beats the canned stuff six-ways-to-Sunday.

My one and only brush -- the no-brand syntho that SWMBO bought me for Christmas, which started me down the wet-shaving path -- died Thursday, and my Omega Pro48 (already ordered at the time) has not yet arrived. So, I figured, what the hell? I'll try something new.

Following label instructions, I obtained excellent results with the red-cap variety of Cremo, although I did have to re-apply after second pass. No blood, no irritation, and every bit as good a shave as I can get with soap and a brush. This was with 48 hours' growth, and a fresh Feather in the 34C.

I won't switch from brush and soap; I like that method. But for traveling, I just might pack the Cremo instead of brush, soap, and bowl. I will certainly recommend it to people who have no interest in brush and soap -- it beats the canned stuff six-ways-to-Sunday.

Just make sure you get the travel size if you're flying. The usual 6 oz. size is almost double the TSA limit. Of course if you're traveling ground, there's no issue.

If you dont mind that it doesnt lather, its a great shave cream. I bought some a while back to try it out and ended up using it as a preshave.

It's super slick, but I don't like to have to reapply it just for a second pass, totally diffferent than using a loaded brush that stays loaded

Top Bottom