What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Shave Soap

BB won't allow me to review a product twice, so here I am. I wasn't impressed with this soap, but wanted to try a few different things before writing it off because I received it as a Christmas gift from my wife. I am not an expert as I am a novice to the PROPER way of shaving, however I have had success with this product now.

In order to get passed the poor lather problems that is synonymous with this product (I'm not sure about the other scents from CandE) I had to do some work.

1. I grated it with a cheese grater
2. I repacked it in the wooden shave bowl that came with it.
3. As I was repacking it, I added a few drops of glycerin with each layer of soap.

I'm not sure about the science involved behind what I did, but I read this method somewhere else via Google and wanted to try it, worst case, I bin the soap and have a nice bowl.

I shaved with this soap yesterday and had a fantastic lather in use with my best badger brush (also a Christmas gift), Merkur 33C, and an Astra blade.

Would I buy this again? Not sure because of what I had to do with it to get it to work properly. It does sound like more work than what I want.

I love the scent, and it does what it's supposed to do.

According to their website this formulation was tested by dermatologists. I'd like to know how they tested it, because how it comes out of the box, it is not good. I also wonder if the actually look at customer feedback. I emailed CandE, and only every got a confirmation email of my email to them.

As for the tube cream version of West Indian Lime, I gladly will be checking the defective packaging section at the CandE store near me, I love the stuff and don't care if the labeling is off in order to save a few bucks.

Top Bottom