What's new

Coticule Suggestions

What ive done is hone half the blade on the test stone. Then compare. You should see a distinct difference between the 2 imo.

Bill never thought of that and that makes sense, i looked at the edge under a loupe and the scratch pattern looks slightly different but still has the JNAT sandblasted look that I am used to seeing .

My best advice is change one variable at a time note whether it had extra yield and then adjust somewhere else till you have it where it neess to be. Pressure or lack of, time spent before dilutions, the amount you dilute each time, the amount of slurry you use is a big one imo.

My best advice is change one variable at a time note whether it had extra yield and then adjust somewhere else till you have it where it neess to be. Pressure or lack of, time spent before dilutions, the amount you dilute each time, the amount of slurry you use is a big one imo.
Well no slurry used this time just 60 water only laps after coming off the JNAT so the next shave I do with it will tell as i know what the razor shaves like coming off my other stones.

A coticule edge under magnification looks like "a hot mess" striations going every which way. Striations should look on the order of 8k as most coticules are around that level. Half and half is a brilliant idea and I just adopted it in my testing as well thank you @buca3152

Top Bottom