What's new

Connecticut making a pitch to bring Islanders to Hartford!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hey, hey fans...hockey may be back in Hartford!
proxy.php

Peter Blackburn - FOXSports - MSN Sports - 3 Feb 17

"It may not be an island, but Hartford wants to be the Islanders' next home.

With reports surfacing this week that the Islanders may be getting kicked out of Brooklyn's Barclays Center in the near future, a couple of Connecticut's leading politicians are stepping up and making their pitch to bring hockey back to the state.

proxy.php
© Frank Franklin II/AP Photo Pedestrians pass the Barclays Center before an NHL hockey game between the New York Islanders and the Washington Capitals, Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017, in New York.

With reports surfacing this week that the Islanders may be getting kicked out of Brooklyn's Barclays Center in the near future, a couple of Connecticut's leading politicians are stepping up and making their pitch to bring hockey back to the state.

As reported by WFSB on Friday, Connecticut governor Daniel Malloy and Hartford mayor Luke Bronin penned a letter to the Islanders' ownership group offering an interim (and possible permanent) home for the team if they ultimately need to leave Brooklyn.

[Hartford], Connecticut has been without a pro hockey team since the
proxy.php
[...] relocated to 'North Cackalacky' and became the $Carolina Hurricanes.png
in 1997

However, Malloy and Bronin used their pitch to highlight the strengths of the area -- including the facilities, amenities and surrounding businesses.

The Hartford-New Haven television market is also the largest in the country without a pro sports team".

Works Cited: Connecticut making pitch to bring Islanders to Hartford

“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
That would be cool but I'm really hoping for the return of the Nordiques.
Heron:
$Plus One.png...,but the league chose Las Vegas over the 'Nordiques à Québec' $Quebec Nordiques.jpg.
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
"Don’t worry about the mule going blind; just load the wagon…”. George “Mule” Suttles[/FONT]

Last edited:
That would be great for Connecticut but it's a long shot unless they build a new arena. Seattle and Quebec City would also probably be preferred by the league.

Used to wake up on cold CT mornings to hear about the latest Whalers loss during my school years! Remember well the WHA and NHL years, and the roof collapse at the mall! If it happens, the logo has to come back!

I'm only on board with this if they bring back the Cooperalls!

$WhalersCooperalls-1.jpg

I loved playing hockey in those things as a kid.

Go Whaler's! I didn't play hockey as a kid, but I did play NHL 96 and I will always make a bid for nostalgia even if the numbers don't add up. +1 for the Nordiques as well. Can we add both back to the league and drop the Knights?

Top Bottom