What's new

Comprehensive guide to building superlative lather!

Thanks Joel. I had my first super hot water aided shave today. I still managed to carve out a few red marks on my face, near the mOustache area, like I always do (only 1 month into safety razor shaving), but overall, it was undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable shaves that I have had.

I was wary of the hot water & took precautions to prevent the plastic (? wonder what's it made of http://amzn.to/9VBGll) handle of my omega badger brush from touching the hot water. Even the effort & time taken to achieve a good lather seemed to be much lesser than with the luke warm water that I have always used.

Thanks Again Joel!

As a newbie I am a tad bit overwhelmed with the wealther of information rushign at me. Shaving for me used to be, shower, shaving cream (from a can) and a gillette razor. Now that I've grown up a bit and have started to properly learn how to wet shave, threads like these help me out tremendously as I have to re-learn all the basics. I bought a bowl and some soap but my technique was still novice at best, but at least now I know better, so thanks for a great thread.

I use a keurig for my coffee in the morning, mine makes multiple cup sizes, and the large is pretty big, I wonder if I can use this to get my hot water in a pinch in the morning? Anyone tried this?

So if using a soap which comes directly in a bowl, do you actually transfer some soap (via brush?) to another bowl for lathering? I'm thinking this will be difficult for me since I have a pedestal sink, and no counter space. Anybody have any creative solutions for this?

Top Bottom