What's new

College Football Season Is Here!

I think that we should all come to an agreement that any day Ohio State loses (and especially gets the snot beat out of them) is a good college football day.

........says the guy who roots for the Miami Hurricanes.:001_huh:

Oh, that's right...last time OSU met the 'Canes, OSU won......still licking old wounds, it would seem.:wink:

...Anyway, I'll admit that the Buckeyes pretty well sucked out loud....at least those of us who are Big10 fans don't have to wait with baited breath to see another National Title game go the way the last couple have gone...we can just sit back and remember quite happily the last time OSU won the big dance....:biggrin:

........says the guy who roots for the Miami Hurricanes.:001_huh:

Oh, that's right...last time OSU met the 'Canes, OSU won......still licking old wounds, it would seem.:wink:

...Anyway, I'll admit that the Buckeyes pretty well sucked out loud....at least those of us who are Big10 fans don't have to wait with baited breath to see another National Title game go the way the last couple have gone...we can just sit back and remember quite happily the last time OSU won the big dance....:biggrin:

Yes, I'm still bitter after all of these years. It was still a bogus call but OSU did bring it all night long. Other teams that make me happy when they lose- Florida and Notre Dame. I think OSU's hope for getting to the NC game this year lies in Tressel playing Pryor for the whole season; OSU blowing out everyone they play and everyone above them losing. And then, when all is said and done, you'll have to hope that the poll voters have amnesia and forget the USC game and the last two OSU NC game appearances.

Yep, I'd say I'm still bitter about OSU but I think that OSU is going to prove to be overrated this year.

Michigan lost its all-time passer, its all-time rusher, its two starting WRs, a starting linebacker, the starting tight end, and its best offensive lineman was drafted 1st overall. Then consider the fact that we have a new coach who has a completely different offense, which makes our current players basically useless. I suppose I should expect little. After watching the first three games, I'm starting to expect nothing... :frown::frown::frown:

Bama: 41 W. Kentucky: 7

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And my BYU Cougars continue their carnage. They have outscored their opponents this season 172-44, with the last two games being double-digit blowouts/shutouts.

And my BYU Cougars continue their carnage. They have outscored their opponents this season 172-44, with the last two games being double-digit blowouts/shutouts.

I didn't know ya'll could play so good! :biggrin1:
On a slightly more serious note (not really), I used to joke about going to BYU - as in, Back Yard University - at the time not knowing there was an actual college by the same initials, it was just something funny one of my uncles had said and stuck with me.

Is your opinion of the QB improving? Again, let me say, I'm glad we're not playing 'Bama this year. Although my brother thinks we will in the SEC Championship game.

My opinion has been up and down with him, mostly up, and I think the downs are products of events not entirely under his control, but I believe he has really improved, and the coaching has been the biggest factor of improvement, not just him, but of the entire team allowing him to show what he's got.
Though I would like to see Croyle come back and see what he could accomplish now....:001_smile

Though I would like to see Croyle come back and see what he could accomplish now.

I think Saban gives some much needed and long overdue stability to the Tide. Hopefully he won't bail out in a few years. Be nice to have another long term head coach to root against (or for).

Have fun on Sat. Since we don't play you'll this year I can say this guilt free: ROLL TIDE!

Well now the fun of the college season truly begins. Since USC got smacked around last night, number one is up for grabs. Kind of funny how Corvallis of all places makes USC go week at the knees. Now the SEC can start beating each other up- Georgia/Bama should be a good old fashioned southern slobber-knocker. Hopefully, it will be as much fun as the LSU/Auburn smackfest last weekend. I, as a loyal Canes fan, will be glued to the Deuce at noon to see if UM can exact revenge for last year's loss against the Tar Heels. Go Canes!

I wouldn't mind seeing Penn State win the national championship. JoePa could use a break and the Big Ten needs a boost. Of course, that doesn't mean I want them to beat UM. I just want them to beat the SEC.

Soooo glad to see USC lose. Not a big fan of them, plus it opens the door for the SEC, which is always good.

most super ginormous +1 ever

let's all say it together...
OVERRATED!!!

every year, what is the deal with those polls? I hate this system, really should be a 16 team playoff; then we won't have to same media love-child's taking top spot they don't always deserve

that score alone could make a Bama loss tomorrow less painful, should the unthinkable happen, anyway. as long as they play like they did Clemson, then the Dawgs are gonna have to tuck tail...if Bama plays like they did W Kentucky, it won't be pretty

good luck to everyone's team! unless you root for Jaw-Ja :biggrin:

okay, I apologize for my tardiness of posting tonight, but when the big game is on ESPN, and you have antenna...road trip to my parent's house!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
!

Almost had a Bama-gasm at the half...the only thing preventing it is the fact that, this is Alabama, the past few years the only team that can go into the half with a 30+ point lead and lose by 20+....so I was still nervous, after all, Jawja hasn't really played well all year until the second half.
Well, Jawja did just that, but the Tide showed they are for real (after a 3rd qtr whoopin') by FINISHING THE GAME!!!! FINALLY, discipline and smart playing. Everyone else in line....BRING IT ON!!!!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
!