What's new

College Football Season Is Here!

How'd the Cats look? Like I said earlier I'm a diehard Gator but I always like the UF/UK match up. Especially recent years where it's been an actual contest.

UK looked outstanding on defense -- especially the front 4. 21 of those 27 points came off turnovers. Offense is a major concern, though -- Hartline showed zero ability to connect past 15 yards out. I'm afraid he'll need to grow an arm for the Cats to stand a chance against Tebow and co.

What he said, go gators. thay are off to a great start but then again it was Hawaii
Orange - Blue

And now we will see if the Gators can get a long sought after win against UM on Saturday. If there was ever a year to beat Miami, this might be it. But then again, that's why they play the games...Go Canes!

They play like they did last night and I bet that doesn't happen much this year. Just glad we don't have to play them because they sure as hell didn't look like the marginal SEC team Brent Musberger said they were.

You, sir, have epitomized the very thoughts of my mind...not sure that made sense, but sounded high-falutin' :biggrin:
I was very impressed with the Tide last night; like I said, they've typically charged out of the gates full steam, then dwindle at the end - I didn't see any of that, it's been a long time since I've felt this good about 'Bama's chances throughout the season - if only Prothro hadn't broken his leg, I think it was 3 years ago, they would've finished well that year, but he was one player, they now have depth they haven't had in quite awhile.
but, let's not get cocky yet....
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

- if only Prothro hadn't broken his leg, I think it was 3 years ago, they would've finished well that year, but he was one player, they now have depth they haven't had in quite awhile.
but, let's not get cocky yet....

Prothro was Shula's biggest crime at 'Bama. He should have pulled him at half time or the third at the latest. He'd accomplished what needed to be done. The game was won. Shula kept him in to pad his stats for a Heisman run and it cost him his career.

One of my pet peeves in football is a three named QB. But Wilson seems to be a pretty good one from what I saw the other night. He played with a lot more poise and confidence than I'd seem from him in the past.

'Bama's always been one of my favorite conference opponents. I remember the first SEC Championship game. I was stationed at Ft McClellan in Anniston and was watching the game surrounded by member of the Alabama National Guard. Not a good time!

Gruder said:
UK looked outstanding on defense -- especially the front 4. 21 of those 27 points came off turnovers. Offense is a major concern, though -- Hartline showed zero ability to connect past 15 yards out. I'm afraid he'll need to grow an arm for the Cats to stand a chance against Tebow and co.
How does UK not have a QB? That's always been a strong point for them. Woodson was damn fine and gave us a couple scares over the years. And Lorenzen, man that was a hoss of a QB! UK is another of my favorite UF opponents.

Mainecanefan said:
If there was ever a year to beat Miami, this might be it. But then again, that's why they play the games.
I thought the Gators did a pretty good job in 2003 right up until the fourth quarter. Of course that game was won by a QB who was a Gator reject!

Good luck to everyone this year. Let's hope all the boys play hard, play well and stay injury free.

The Mizzou-Illinois game is no longer the best college football game so far. It has been replaced by the nailbiter between Tennessee and UCLA. Vols 24 Bruins 27 F/OT. Congratulations to Rick Neuheisel for his inaugural win.

They play like they did last night and I bet that doesn't happen much this year. Just glad we don't have to play them because they sure as hell didn't look like the marginal SEC team Brent Musberger said they were.

Here's to hoping that the worst quarterback in the league (read: JP Wilson) just stays out of the way of that terrific backfield and let's the line do the talking. Jesus, that kid makes some dumb decisions.

That having been said, first home game of the season is this weekend. I've already seen the RVs beginning to park around town. They're deploying their custom golf carts, cruising down to River Road park, and drinking the morning away in dusty parking lots. Come Friday, this town will be impossible to get around. Can't wait!

RTR.

The Mizzou-Illinois game is no longer the best college football game so far. It has been replaced by the nailbiter between Tennessee and UCLA. Vols 24 Bruins 27 F/OT. Congratulations to Rick Neuheisel for his inaugural win.

yeah I was kind of happy to see them win since that whole ad about the monopoly in LA by USC. I also liked his interviews at halftime and after the game. hope he doesnt get UCLA any scholarship sanctions.

The Vols choke again. Can't wait 'til the Gator get ahold of them.

We both looked like crap on offense. God when your defense outscores your offense you know you are screwed, and when your only points are on a safety well, lets just say I am going to have a very bad fall. But good luck in the SEC as I can tell you are going to need it.

We both looked like crap on offense. God when your defense outscores your offense you know you are screwed, and when your only points are on a safety well, lets just say I am going to have a very bad fall. But good luck in the SEC as I can tell you are going to need it.

I do have some good news, though...

Basketball season is only a couple of months away! :wink:

I graduated from Indiana U, but now live in Cleveland so it feels completely surreal to actually be watching my team play on TV against a team not named after a tree nut.

Thank you Big Ten Network!

To my non-Gator SEC fans, my deepest apologies that my boys could not take down Timmy T and Co. Make sure your defense brings it all game and knocks the snot out of him. That's your best chance to win. Once Florida's O-line figured out how to slow down the UM rush midway through the 3rd quarter, Timmy T got into rhythm. Best of luck trying to take them down. I think there are some positive takeaways for the Canes after this one and I think there's hope for a decent season. There is some damn good young talent. Go Canes!

Thank God for today, we looked like a completely different team. I know our opponent sucked but Cantwell was connecting with his receivers on both short passes and ones that were WAY down field. Better plays were called, the defense was still there, and (once our kicker got his nerves together) our special teams were even scoring touchdowns. Thats right the CARDS got a touchdown on a punt, not a punt return, but a punt. Now I think we are ready to play some real teams again. Now Gruder how did the boys in blue fare?

Buckeyes almost choked today. I was yelling at my TV so much, my two dogs were cowering, looking at me like I was a mad man!:eek::eek::eek:

Did anyone see the WVU-ECU "game"? Apparently the mountaineers thought they were supposed to play croquet instead of football!

Now Gruder how did the boys in blue fare?

Hey, thanks for asking -- glad to see that Canwell got his groove back. Kentucky followed the Louisville game on the schedule with IAA Norfolk State. Here's what I know about Norfolk State: 1) They have a good band; 2)they lost to Kentucky yesterday 38-3; 3) they, combined with Kentucky, do not have the projected ratings to allow yesterday's game to be shown in my neck of the woods :mad3:. That said, after reading a bit of the take in today's Herald-Leader online, it looks like we have a full-scale QB controversy, complete with booing fans. I'm not pleased. Middle Tennessee State comes next. I'm relatively certain that one won't be shown in Upper Marlboro either :frown:

But hey, I did have a lot of fun watching the Ohio State and West Virginia games yesterday! Hated seeing Ole Miss get beat in the final seconds against Wake -- partially because I'm an ACC fan, but mostly because I've been enjoying all the whining about how bad things are for the ACC.

Top Bottom