What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

And the razor is on its way to Noah with an ETA of tomorrow. Perfect timing as the Cobra that I purchased arrived in this afternoon's mail. :w00t:

I just used a Kai Captain Mild blade in my Cobra Classic and it was a great shave. The blade is very smooth and forgiving yet it is still sharp. It reminds me a lot of the Personna Medical Prep or a Polsilver blade.

I really like the Cobra. I get a shave as close as with the 2011 R41 but with less effort and zero irritation.

I received the razor from Phil (thanks!). Inside the box were the razor, blades and some samples. I immediately grabbed the razor and blades and couldn't wait to see what this bad boy could do.

Here is how it went down:

Blade: Feather Pro
Pre: Glycerin
Lather: MWF shave stick

Results: Comfortable BBS in 3.5 passes. No nicks and very little burn. I was pleasantly surprised at the heft of the razor. I didn't have any issues with the balance or the handle of the razor. I held the Cobra same way I hold my DE razors with one finger under the handle. The razor felt fast, smooth and efficient. I was done with the shave in about 15 minutes (22 minutes normally) which is very fast for me. I was also surprised at how much I liked the Feather Pro blades; they feel much smoother than the Feather DE blades. It is the best injector type razor I've used.
I am in the process of learning straight razors so most likely I'll be shipping the razor sooner maybe by Monday or Tuesday :)

Thanks Michael for letting us try this great razor!

Last edited:
Received the Cobra Classic from Michiganlover on Thursday - first shave with it this morning.

Cobra Classic
Feather Professional
Castle Forbes Lime SC
Shavemac 177
Castle Forbes ASB
Dominica Lime Bay Rum

DFS bordering on BBS - no nicks or weepers.

Like others I was surprised at the weight of this razor. I found it easy enough to grip, and let the weight of the razor do the cutting.
I always thought the size (width) of the head would be a problem, but that is not the case. I could use the edges of the blade for under the nose quite easily,
and these type razors have that nice narrow head that really lets you put the blade where you want it.

I've used Feather Pros before, but they really sing in this razor - once you find the angle.

Day 2 - CC -

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro
Modern Williams ( I blame Seraphim )
Shavemac 177
Weleda ASB
Aqua Velva Classic Blue

Smooth as glass. The Williams I had to beat into holding a lather - during the work week, I would not have the patience for that.
Gave a great, close cutting shave though. The CC is impressive - I am getting bolder by the day. We'll see if it bites on day 3.

Last edited:
You guys, this thread is making my next decision very difficult. With tax refund money, I plan on getting myself a little treat and it's pretty much come down to a Cobra Classic or a Feather All Stainless. I can't decide.

You guys, this thread is making my next decision very difficult. With tax refund money, I plan on getting myself a little treat and it's pretty much come down to a Cobra Classic or a Feather All Stainless. I can't decide.

If you like more aggressive razors, I would go with the Cobra Classic.

A little update.

I've been an "SE" guy for a while now. I was PIF'ed a Gem 1912 and it quickly became my go to razor. In fact I liked it so much that I picked up a spare from the BST, or two. I honestly never thought that I could get closer, smoother or more irritation free shaves then with my Gem. I was wrong. I enjoyed the Cobra Classic razor so much that i picked one up for myself. I am up to shave number 9 with a Kai mild blade and the shaves are still great, smooth, BBS, and just as important, basically irritation free. I am not finding this to be an aggressive razor at all, with the Kai mild blade of course. With the Feather Pro blade it really requires a light touch. I am really enjoying this razor immensely, my only regret is that I didn't order one sooner.

I'm not sure how many more shaves I am going to be able to get from the Kai mild blade but I would estimate that I am probably going to get around 15 shaves from it. I was able to get my Kai blades for around $14 for 22 blades. That works out to 63 cents per blade and around 4.2 cents per shave. I know that I can hand strop to prolong the life of the blade, but to be honest I'm not sure I'm going to do it. Now we just need a vendor to start carrying the Kai mild blades in the US.

Day 3

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro
Cyril Salter's French Vetiver SC
Shavemac 177
Wedela ASB
L'Occitane Eau des Baux edt

Ruthlessly efficient, and close, comfortable shave. Whiskers never saw it coming.
Also very little irritation - it's the blades, sure, but the razor makes wielding them easy.

Last edited:
last night, cobra/kai i went big on a third shave with a WTG then ATG then minor touch up on swirls. super sweet BBS. i was shocked. usually my neck can't take the ATG pass on a DE blade... i thnk it's time to lose almost all the DEs and keep one or 2, this thing is so smooth.

last night, cobra/kai i went big on a third shave with a WTG then ATG then minor touch up on swirls. super sweet BBS. i was shocked. usually my neck can't take the ATG pass on a DE blade... i thnk it's time to lose almost all the DEs and keep one or 2, this thing is so smooth.

I feel the same way. This razor is super smooth and yet it's also super efficient.

Day 4 - Tuesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro
MWF
Shavemac 177 (yes, I like this brush, a lot)
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Alt Innsbruck

Nice shave. Not as close as the others, but everyone has off days. :)

Still, very smooth, very quick in terms of time, but still enjoyable.

Day 5 - Wednesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro
Musgo Real
Shavemac 177
Weleda ASB
Musgo Real AS Splash

+1

Excellent - still very close shave 12 hours later.
One more tomorrow, then off to the next tester...

One more tomorrow, then off to the next tester...

Did you take, or add anything to the box? It was traveling with some wonderful (and interesting) add ons. Did you try the Tom Ford Amber Absolute? Has to be one of the most bizarre colognes I have sampled.

Top Bottom