What's new

Cobra Classic Injector Razor

R2B, it's fine either way. When I looked it seemed you were 6 or 7 weeks out on the tour and I was going to save you some time. That being said either way, it'll be a great read as I have said before.

I don't see a million threads about it, although there are quite a few. I usually end up having to search for them. It may also be cyclical based on when CS has them in stock and new people get a chance to try it and review it. Should the keep reviews to one thread? Not really my issue. If that were the case there would be one thread per razor I guess which could make finding useful information actually harder because who wants to wade through 50 pages of posts looking for one comment.

Is any razor worth $170??? Who knows. My first experience with my Feather ASD1 left me feeling let down. I didn't think I would ever get a good shave out of it. I've used it exclusively for almost a month and actually get a good shave now. Is it worth what I spent on it? Even buying it on sale, who knows. I dropped more than that on a used ikon just so I could try it. Have to say I really like it. Certain razors have NOTHING to do with value. I get a great shave from a $19 feather popular. Why didn't I stop there? I wanted to try new stuff. Low production items tend to cost more than mass produced ones. It's also nice to know that I will have stuff to pass on to my son and that some of it is rare.
OK, just to avoid more flack from a bitter few, let me inform you that I had my right hip replaced recently and I am not moving anywhere near full speed, nor anxious to test razors that require trips to the post office to return. By the time I get my turn on "the Tour" (maybe 6-7 weeks) I should be moving around better and in better spirits. The timing will just be better and I can enjoy testing the Cobra with more focus.

I do get your razor buying and using philosophy and honor it...yes some buys are not merely about value, but for coolness and other non rational but legitimate and sincere reasons.

You make good points about why there are a flurry of Cobra threads. It might be ironic if I become one of those Cobra fanatics myself...we'll see.

Again, I do appreciate your willingness to share you razor with me. That you were willing to box up and take the trouble to go the the USPS and sent it to a stranger is quite an admirable thing.

I am not angry at all. You have the right to comment and I have the right to comment on your comments. Something wrong with that? As far as the bolded I think it applies more to you, but if others are interested they can review your posts on this matter and my posts and make up their own mind.
Commenting and "dogging" are different. I'll own my anti-social behavior at times. We are all complex men, are we not? What can you own, sir?

Shave with one, Then get back to us, Also it's the only Modern SE, And Shaves are Smooth like butter, I have no Regrets with mine, Some have had quality issues with there's but it's usually resloved.
If I buy a Cobra (if, after testing it, it turns me into a raving Cobranaut), I would want one from the first run. I don't want to dance around with vendors and all that from buying a crappy new one.

Last edited:
Raving Cobranaut! I love it. May have to start a new club for that. Also, any mods that are watching can there be a Cobranaut badge?????

Raving Cobranaut! I love it. May have to start a new club for that. Also, any mods that are watching can there be a Cobranaut badge?????
I guess I'm evolving with the Cobra. Now that I'm in the pipeline to use it and try the several blade offerings, I'm intrigued to try it.

Top Bottom