What's new

Cobra Classic Injector Razor

I ordered a Cobra yesterday. I can't wait to get it. I came back to wet shaving about a year ago (after many years of using an electric razor) and I surly have a case of RAD. I love reading about all of the shaving supplies. It's a fun hobby and not too expensive.

Purchased Cobra and today was the 4th shave...(3) with the Feather professional that came packaged with and (1) with a Kai Mild Pink. The last shave and todays shave are perhps the best shaves I have ever had (over 40 years). I have had very good success with DE Razors (EJ DE89, Weber Polished Stainless), but the Cobra had been amazing. :001_cool:

$1-DSC_0004.jpg

Last edited:
It has been my go-to razor since the first day I used it. Very aggressive (but not harsh like the R41), easily maneuverable, Feather blades are terrific and long-lasting, excellent, close shave lasts longer than with most other razors.

It has been my go-to razor since the first day I used it. Very aggressive (but not harsh like the R41), easily maneuverable, Feather blades are terrific and long-lasting, excellent, close shave lasts longer than with most other razors.

Same here ... it's been my daily driver since I received it ... easily the most efficient razor I've ever used ... best aggression:ease of use factors for me.

I'm in serious RAD trouble if Classic ever decides to offer different variants of the Cobra a la Joris for example!

I got my Cobra Classic in today and did my first shave with it. It was great. What's not to like about this razor? It is an aggressive razor but if you take it slow at first it's just fine. I used an Old Spice mug & puck I've had for about 35 years. It worked great. My closest shave prior to this one was with a Merkur 34c with a Feather blade. This shave beat it. I can't imagine how you could get a closer shave that a Cobra with a Feather Professional blade can give you. It's the best.

Cobra Classic is a wonderful razor. It manages to be as aggressive as any razor I've used (including r41) without being harsh. I prefer the Kai Mild blades due to my sensitive skin.
It's also, to my eye, one of the most beautiful razors made. I call it the Porsche Cayman of my razor collection.

Cobra Classic is a wonderful razor. It manages to be as aggressive as any razor I've used (including r41) without being harsh. I prefer the Kai Mild blades due to my sensitive skin.
It's also, to my eye, one of the most beautiful razors made. I call it the Porsche Cayman of my razor collection.

I keep hearing about those Captain Kai Mild blades and I would like to try them but I can't find anyone who sells them. It seems everyone is sold out.

I've got the Kai Milds...and I actually lean towards the Feather Professionals a bit more. Not a bad shave to be had with either one of them though. Get them when you can...but you're not missing a whole lot by using the Feathers.

Im about to Receive mine from the Cobra Classic Tour, and i was Wondering if anyone can compare its shave to a Titan H1 ? Just a heads up i use a PoliSilver blade in my Titan and i Love my Titan H1 its my everyday shaver. Also can you go against the Grain with the Cobra Classic ?

Thanks for the input 'Samjax'. I know Feather DE blades seem to be the sharpest. I'll probably just stick with the Feather Pros.

Although they are both made by Feather, I find the Pros to be a different breed from the DEs ... the Feather Pros are sharp and smooth whereas the Feather DEs are sharp and harsh for me. The Cobra dances with the Pros! YMMV of course but I agree you'll be just fine with the Pros.

Im about to Receive mine from the Cobra Classic Tour, and i was Wondering if anyone can compare its shave to a Titan H1 ? Just a heads up i use a PoliSilver blade in my Titan and i Love my Titan H1 its my everyday shaver. Also can you go against the Grain with the Cobra Classic ?

This is really not even a close race. The Cobra is a considerably better shaver than the Titan, Weber, Tradere, iKon, Pils, Feather AS DE, Joris, Slant, etc...

That's my opinion - but one based upon my personal experience of buying, owning and using them all. The Feather Artist Club blades are arguably the best blade you can currently buy - that no doubt has more than a little to do with the overall shave quality. Now...if any of the current "artisan" makers decide to ever make a stainless razor using the Artist Club blade - all bets are off! :thumbup:

Yes...you can go WTG, XTG and ATG with the Cobra.

This is really not even a close race. The Cobra is a considerably better shaver than the Titan, Weber, Tradere, iKon, Pils, Feather AS DE, Joris, Slant, etc...

That's my opinion - but one based upon my personal experience of buying, owning and using them all. The Feather Artist Club blades are arguably the best blade you can currently buy - that no doubt has more than a little to do with the overall shave quality. Now...if any of the current "artisan" makers decide to ever make a stainless razor using the Artist Club blade - all bets are off! :thumbup:

Yes...you can go WTG, XTG and ATG with the Cobra.

+1. I agree completely with this statement. The Cobra stands above all other razors in my arsenal ... and this is in large part, as you said, because of the superb qualities of the Feather AC blades. The mere mention of a stainless razor employing Feather AC blades makes me giddy!

My first shave with the Cobra was Epic! I am now in shaving Nirvana! I have never experienced a closer, smoother shave. 3 easy passes to true BBS. Once I got a hang of the right angle on the first WTG pass, the rest of the shave proceeded smoothly. Although I initially thought the handle shape would be problematic, it was not difficult to manage at all. I did rub a little alum on my shaving hand to assist with grip. My DE razors are probably crying a little bit right now at the thought of being neglected somewhat now! I have to re-think my razor hierarchy carefully now!

Many thanks to celestino for his words of encouragement and his enabling pictures!

How time flies! The post above was made in 11/2012 ... here I am 6 months later and as I anticipated, the Cobra has rendered my DE razors to second-tier status.

I had a little free time this evening .. :001_smile .. so I took a few shots of my 'Cobra Grips' that have evolved with almost daily use of this razor for the last 6 months. As you can see, the WTG and XTG left are essentially the same grip with the latter being a 90 degree turn of the hand ... this grip works for me because the index finger serves as a light support and fine tuner while the thumb, 3rd, and 4th fingers provide support. The XTG right and ATG grips are similar as well with a 90 degree turn of the hand once again ... here the thumb and index fingers provide support while the 3rd finger allows for fine tuning.

WTG

proxy.php

XTG left

proxy.php

XTG right

proxy.php

ATG

proxy.php

How time flies! The post above was made in 11/2012 ... here I am 6 months later and as I anticipated, the Cobra has rendered my DE razors to second-tier status.

I had a little free time this evening .. :001_smile .. so I took a few shots of my 'Cobra Grips' that have evolved with almost daily use of this razor for the last 6 months. As you can see, the WTG and XTG left are essentially the same grip with the latter being a 90 degree turn of the hand ... this grip works for me because the index finger serves as a light support and fine tuner while the thumb, 3rd, and 4th fingers provide support. The XTG right and ATG grips are similar as well with a 90 degree turn of the hand once again ... here the thumb and index fingers provide support while the 3rd finger allows for fine tuning.

WTG

XTG left

XTG right

ATG

Nice pics, Showing the Grip, Thanks for Sharing :thumbup:

Nice pics, Showing the Grip, Thanks for Sharing :thumbup:

No problem! Although the handle on these razors is different from most DE razors, one should not let this detail intimidate/prevent them from trying this razor out.
The Cobra Classic is a fine razor ... in a class of its own IMHO! :thumbup:

Interesting. I think I've never really thought much about my grip. This excellent post will help me pay more attention now though.

I have noticed that my hold of the Cobra is trending closer to the head in all directions. Not sure why but it seems naturally comfortable to me.

Interesting. I think I've never really thought much about my grip. This excellent post will help me pay more attention now though.

I have noticed that my hold of the Cobra is trending closer to the head in all directions. Not sure why but it seems naturally comfortable to me.

Same here, I've never really thought about how to hold it. It just comes naturally.

A bonus point (as well as looking fantastic) is it is very unlikely to slip through your fingers due to the shape of the handle.

Comments on blade loading and unloading? Seems primitive to me , if not slightly precarious.
I am not sure what you mean by "primitive" but I have seen you say this before about this razor as if it is some kind of insult. One of the reasons I am moving away from cartridges is because these seem more classic (primitive?). Shaving with metal razors dates back thousands of years, and with stone razors tens of thousands more, with some estimates around 30,000 B.C. Should we be using laser hair removal because smearing animal fat and cutting hair from our faces is "primitive"? I am only on my second blade and have not had a problem. I did not even read the directions and it seemed easy and intuitive to me. I would caution anyone who gets nauseous around very sharp blades which are around two inches in length that this could be a little scary and you may want to make sure you have enough time to not rush this.

Top Bottom