What's new

Clean like the Romans :-)

Owen... I have to ask... are any of our members Immortals? Because I don't think any of us were around then... Also the dudes on Crete had running water before the Greeks figured out talking to each other over stabbing each other. Watched a doc about how Crete was part of an empire that was crazy smart... just the capitol was built on a volcano and when it went off everyone had a bad time.... I will have to look it up, it was really good.

Sounds pretty smart to me.

Well... I believe they didn't know it was a volcano at the time... since western history doesn't really have much going on about volcanoes until Pompeii...

You likely saw a documentary about the Minoans, who were all but destroyed when Thera erupted.

I read awhile back that the Romans used human urine imported from Portugal to brush their teeth. While I'm usually an old school kind of guy, I think I'll stick to modern conveniences on hygiene.

I read awhile back that the Romans used human urine imported from Portugal to brush their teeth. While I'm usually an old school kind of guy, I think I'll stick to modern conveniences on hygiene.
you would be amazed how what you can do with Organic ingredients. We use horse urine for emission controls in Diesel trucks. Red food dye is made from beetle shells!

you would be amazed how what you can do with Organic ingredients. We use horse urine for emission controls in Diesel trucks. Red food dye is made from beetle shells!
I don't have a problem with urine controlling diesel emissions, I'd just rather not have it as a dental product!

I whish I could:001_tt1:

I believe the tool they used is called a strigil.

Why can't they be found for sale in today's world:confused1:eek:

Like a body shave:biggrin:

:smile:mace

Difficult to do it yourself, you would need a slave to do it for you if you wanted to clean like a Roman(!)

Top Bottom