What's new

Citrusy Splash AS?

You could take the St. Lucia or any other Lime aftershave you may have and add citrus essential oils which are very inexpensive and easy to find in a barber supply shop. For example, to my lime aftershave I add 2 drops lime oil and 3 drops orange oil. Try very little and then adjust to your taste but remember if you use lemon oil go very light because it can overwhelm. I have even tried a drop of peppermint but that is not to everyone's taste.

I'm trying to find something similar. I just ordered some Booster Polar Ice and some Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera.

Saint Charles Shave Lime is my pick...all citrus scents are fleeting though unless you fell like repeatedly rubbing lemon and lime peels on your skin throughout the day and burning your skin.

As mentioned by Lamb Root above, AdP is a true citrus scent, not all at sweet.

C & Z Neroli AS is really good, but too much $$$ for me. Royalle Mandarin and Pinaud Lime Sec are good inexpensive choices.

Another fan of D.R. Harris Arlington here. Such a great citrus scent through and through. The only downside of this to me is that you have to be in a mood for that scent because it is a bit overpowering. When I'm in an Arlington mood, nothing else will suffice. But when I'm not, the lid stays on because I get nauseous just getting a whiff of it. As always, YMMV. But if you really want something citrus, this is definitely the way to go, IMO.

Lucky Tiger... I think the scent might last about twice as long as 4711... meaning 4 seconds.

As someone else pointed out, you won't find a citrus scent that lasts long. The molecules responsible for the citrus scent are light ones that evaporate very, very quickly.

Agree! This is an effective product with an extremely powerful citrus-grapefruit scent upon initial application, which, however, is very short-lived. I might also point out out that it's alcohol-free. I actually have grown fond of the fact that the scent doesn't hang around long, because it doesn't clash with whatever cologne I might want to use. It's a good any-time after preparation.

nelson

I'm not sure I'm agreeing with the fleeting 4711 comments, I use it after Arko shaves to match the lemon/citrus and find it lasts through early-mid afternoon...though I do splash it on both my head and face and some upper torso ;)

But if you want it to last, a moderately more liberal application suits me just fine...I applied at 6:30am this morning and I still get an occasional fleeting whiff of it now.

D.R. Harris Arlington - Just got a bottle a few weeks ago; don't put it off as long as I did. Absolutely deserving all of the high praise. A very refined, light, sweet lemony bergamot. Lasting power yet understated.

Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorn - Great zesty lime with a touch of peppercorn to spice it up and bay rum for depth. A great warm/hot weather AS.

Thayer's Lemon Aloe Witch Hazel is nice. After using it I decided to make my own. Citrus essential oils are very cheap. I add lemon and orange essential oils and a teaspoon of glycerin to 6 ounces of dollar store with hazel. It works very well and doesn't dry the skin like higher alcohol products.

Citrus heaven -- or maybe just heaven -- in a bottle. Seriously.
proxy.php

As others have noted, citrus scents don't last long. Regardless, this stuff is Da Sh*t. You can buy it here.

Last edited:
Citrus heaven -- or maybe just heaven -- in a bottle. Seriously.
proxy.php

As others have noted, citrus scents don't last long. Regardless, this stuff is Da Sh*t. You can buy it here.

Very nice catch!

I'm throwing my big guns to this guy, my favorite SMN:

Santa Maria Novella Russian Aftershave Lotion

I found that a surprisingly effective and cheap option that fits this bill 100% is the Shae Nation Shave Tea Tree Herbal Bump Preventer. It's smells through and through of citrus (mainly grapefruit) and nothing of tea tree oil. You can grab it from Target for less than $7 (I got a 4oz on sale for $3)

Top Bottom