What's new

Chicago Area - "The Close Shave II"

I want to bring something to raffle off as well, seeing as I dont own anything rare or spectacular but I do work in the Chicago Loop, I plan on stopping by Merz before this date. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Wild guess - beaten with strops and rolled up inside carpet destined for the back dumpster? I'll leave the M3 for my wife to use on her legs.

You'se guys don't wanna know what happened to da last guy dat brought a cart razor to a Chicago wetshavers get together.

I'm going to do my best to make it. I'll post again as the day gets closer, but right now it's 50/50. It's shaping up to be a great turnout! Hope I can make it.

Went to Merz this morning (God I love my job!), and I will be giving away a fresh from the store, never used or opened, not even to smell, 100 ml tube of Irisch Moos shaving cream at our little get-together!

Well, life intervenes -

I look forward to a nice bottle of Captain’s Choice being raffled off. Also, each person in attendance will receive a free sample vial of Captain’s Choice.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it in person. Fortunately I had lunch with Price yesterday! I will leave it to Stuart to do the drawing and to notify me where to send the free bottle of Captain’s Choice to the lucky winner. For each person in attendance a simple PM to me will get you a sample vial and I pay the postage - glad to do it. Just tell me where to send it.

Our high school boys volleyball team won last night in the sectional finals of the state tournament. They are presently rated #1 in the NATION so I’m not missing their game on Saturday morning (so long as they win the match on Friday night.) Anything can happen at this level of play but it is best to plan on them continuing their winning streak (undefeated) and me traveling to the state championship Saturday morning.

Wish I could be there and at this point I am now in FAVOR of cloning.:001_smile

I have bad luck with these things. SWMBO a.k.a the future wife has just informed me that I will be golfing with her father and uncles this Saturday morning/afternoon. She said she is sorry she has to pull me away from quote-unquote "playing with the Badgers" but this is very important as this is the first post-engagement grilling I must endure from her uncles as a right of passage. Sorry gents. Hold another raffle at the meeting and PM me the result and I'll send the Irisch Moos shaving cream postage-paid to the winner.

Glad I stumbled on this - is it really at the Panera in Buffalo Grove on Sat Jun 2? I live about 3 miles from there so I'll drop by for sure.

I live in Glen Ellyn, and work for FedEx. I just told them I would make Saturday Delivery! I just stummbled on tho the Chicago group...
Well It would be nice if there is a "3" so I could meet you all.

Clay

ugh, I have to invoke the Wife/Kids clause and ~probably~ won't be able to attend. but I'm still holding out hope that I can, just not optimistic about it.

Everything is set. I am looking forrward to seeing you there. If you have to, bring the wife and kids. A hot chocolate, sugary treat, and I Pod, or other hand held gaming device is sure to keep them occupied for longer than our meetup! See you tomorrow!

This get together was great! Thanks Stuart for arranging it, it was fantastic meeting all of you in person. Let's do it again.

Top Bottom