What's new

Cheesecake

Well, it's cheesecake time again in Casa Lynchmeister. Apparently, whenever there is a family gathering on my wife's side, I'm not allowed to attend without toting a cheesecake under each arm.

So, as it were, after a long day at the office, I was relegated to the kitchen with spatula in hand. I remember quipping one time that I had hoped to aspire to the glory of being Jay's protege... :lol: If there's one thing I've learned here, it's if the women are happy, the men are happy. :wink:

On the menu for tomorrow will be a traditional, no frills cheesecake in addition to an Oreo Explosion cheesecake (Oreo crust and crushed oreos in the filling).

During my last bout with the mighty cake, I had quite a bit of left over filling, so I went into experimental mode. I brewed up some strong coffee and folded it into the mix. In my opinion, the consistency was off (too loose), but the flavor was there. I decided not to serve it, but the insatiable hoard of party goers dug it out of the recesses of my fridge and went absolutely bonkers over it. I even received a half joking death threat on the condition that I didn't make it again.

Of course I overshot the filling again and, for the sake of my well being, decided to give it another go with a few twists. The filling has oreos in it, so that should be good. Plus, I've stumbled upon the cold-brew method for the java. I've got a nice, new, glass Bodum French Press, so this should be a piece of cake (pardon the pun). I don't have any more crust, so the plan is to make minis in a cupcake tin. I figure I'll line the bottom of each one with an oreo. :biggrin:

I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Venieros is supposed to have the best Italian cheese cake in NY. There's half a dozen good places in and around Astoria. The thick cream cheese cakes just don't measure up on my palate to the delicate creaminess of an Italian cheese cake. The cream cheese cakes are also easy as pie to make, while the Italian style is quite challenging. Even a kid can mix cream cheese and sugar and make something delicious. It's fatty goo and sugar! How can you miss? But to make something just as scrumptious, yet delicately light that's actually a flour based cake takes an artist.

Well i have had juniors (shiped to cali)
and carnagie dell cheesecake
both are good and i don know which one is better.

proxy.php

Chocolate cheesecake from Jean Danet, a wonderful pastry shop in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The strawberries from the top are already gone. :innocent:

I'm A cheesecake lover from way back I love blueberry cheesecake when i can get it
This is a true story Cheesecake was my first solid food, My mother took me to my grandmothers house as a baby in a tenement in the Bronx on Webster Avenue and the kids in the next apartment came over to see the new baby (me) they later came into the kitchen where the adults were and exclaimed "Bobby Likes Cheesecake" I've loved it ever since :thumbup:

As I have quite a bit of time on my hands, I've been baking cheesecakes lately.

The last one I did was a dark chocolate and Kahlua with chocolate sourcream frosting, which was lovely but not very photogenic.

The one previous to that was a vanilla cheesecake with super dark chocolate top, and I did manage to get a reasonable photo of that, albeit from my iPhone, not dSLR:

proxy.php

You are a bad man!:drool:

:innocent:

As I have quite a bit of time on my hands, I've been baking cheesecakes lately.

The last one I did was a dark chocolate and Kahlua with chocolate sourcream frosting, which was lovely but not very photogenic.

The one previous to that was a vanilla cheesecake with super dark chocolate top, and I did manage to get a reasonable photo of that, albeit from my iPhone, not dSLR:

proxy.php

Looks good to me!!

Top Bottom