What's new

Cheap Stuff that Really Works

What about plain old water from the faucet? Key to every shave and dirt cheap!

Until my damn toilet wont stop running...

Godrej shave cream - lathers as well as any of the three T's or other creams, scent is nice, and for $2.99/tube at a local international market the price can't be beat. :biggrin:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
The Omega 10049 Professional Boar. $9 from westcoastshaving.com.

:thumbsup: I'm glad someone said this one. I've had mine for nearly a week now and I must say it is very pleasant. It is already getting very soft with just six shaves on it. My old Surrey brush still sheds a hair here and there, but this one hasn't shed any since about the second shave.

The Omega 10049 goes on my highly recommended list. A great brush for anyone, but especially for someone looking to get started in this wonderful hobby without spending a bundle.

Buying a GEM 1912 in great condition for $7 shipped via eBay is pretty hard to beat.

ARKO shave sticks @ $1.25 and Arko tubes of shave cream for $2.29 are a great value.

C.O. Bigelow Proraso 150ml/5 oz tubes at 2/$10 on sale at Bath & Body works has to rate highly as well.

-- John Gehman

+5 on the Arko Stick!

since performance is unquestionably good and it's the smell that is the only detractor, i think more folks should give it a shot. it's not offensive in any way, and smells better than tabac upon first whiff.

Nivea Sensitive Extra Soothing Balm.

ALWAYS calms my face down after a rough shave. and even when it isn't rough, it leaves it extra smooth and hydrated. excellent stuff for 6 bucks.

+5 on the Arko Stick!

since performance is unquestionably good and it's the smell that is the only detractor, i think more folks should give it a shot. it's not offensive in any way, and smells better than tabac upon first whiff.

Although I use both, I think the Arko smells better than Tabac, too. Performance of both is quite excellent.

-- John Gehman

Mennen shave stick ( although TSWebster will disagree) for less than $2. Last a long time and you could do worse for the money spent.

Arko Soap sticks - £1.50
Palmolive soap sticks - £0.79 (that's 50 cents!)

The huge Alum rock I bought in Morocco a couple of years ago for one Euro. It was the size of a goose egg, and I figure that it will probably last me another five years at least!

I think you got your £/$ conversion backwards... anyway Palmolive soap sticks £0.46 (about $0.70) in Asda/Morrisons/Tesco - so I just saved you 33p on the next one :biggrin:

Alum block - 55p from my 'local' Bengali grocer (45 miles away in Edinburgh)

Wilkinson Sword soap sticks £0.69 (local pharmacy)

Another one from the UK

Boots own brand Freshwood Aftershave balm. This is very like DR Harris A/S milk but costs £2.50.

I'm suprised no one named droped any Kiss My Face shaving creams. They are priced even cheaper then the CO Bigelow creams and Bath and Body Works.

Top Bottom