What's new

Chandler custom razors

Good day all, I'm looking to comission a custom straight to pass down to my newborn son. I've contacted a few other makers, but I can't locate contact info for Joe Chandler- anyone have it and willing to share? If not (or in addition to!), post pics of your Chandler's- I've been impressed by his work so far- and feel free to suggest other custom makers you believe should be in the running! Thank you!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I believe he is on Facebook. Lynn Abrams would likely be a good contact to help you track down Mr. Chandler as well. Rather than post any outside links, Lynn can be easily contacted by various Google searches. Good luck! I have never owned a Chandler custom but I know that he has/had a wonderful reputation in the community.

As to others to choose from, Mastro Livi is unique and superb. Joe Edson is a forum friend and is producing some fantastic tools as well.

Kenny Powell, Brian Brown, Elli, Koraat, Joe Edson, Ellis, PRC, Jacob Ray, Zowada and so many others can produce exactly what your after ....my recommendation is unless you have your heart set on one maker why not peruse all and see what they offer up....the limit is your pocket book and imagination....some make razor for the futur and others specialize in classics...

Good luck and just remember the custom world is a whole lot deeper of a rabbit hole....lol.

I believe he is on Facebook. Lynn Abrams would likely be a good contact to help you track down Mr. Chandler as well. Rather than post any outside links, Lynn can be easily contacted by various Google searches. Good luck! I have never owned a Chandler custom but I know that he has/had a wonderful reputation in the community.

As to others to choose from, Mastro Livi is unique and superb. Joe Edson is a forum friend and is producing some fantastic tools as well.
I've reached out to Joe Edson, Robert Williams, Jerry Stark, and Charlie Lewis- Williams and Stark are the only two who have said they're currently taking custom orders. I also wrote to Snail Forge, but no reply yet (still under 24 hours since message was sent). Of these do any of you have any experience advice? I want very traditional style and trimmings with a worked spine featuring my sons's name. As for the other makers, I'll start doing my homework and reaching out!

Just heard back from Lynn Abrams- sounds like Joe Chandler has put razors on hold for the last few years... the search goes on!

Hummmm ... worked spine incorporating a name but on the back of a stardard type razor....try Jacob Ray as he seems to be one of the craftsmen that likes to combine classic with a twist. I havent purchased from him but have discussed a few futur possibilities (i have odd tastes sometimes and am always looking to more to the different side...lol ).

I've reached out to Joe Edson, Robert Williams, Jerry Stark, and Charlie Lewis- Williams and Stark are the only two who have said they're currently taking custom orders. I also wrote to Snail Forge, but no reply yet (still under 24 hours since message was sent). Of these do any of you have any experience advice? I want very traditional style and trimmings with a worked spine featuring my sons's name. As for the other makers, I'll start doing my homework and reaching out!

Snail Forge is currently traveling to a meet in Northern Texas. Probably won't be back home until late next week. I have two of his razors and I use them frequently!

Hummmm ... worked spine incorporating a name but on the back of a stardard type razor....try Jacob Ray as he seems to be one of the craftsmen that likes to combine classic with a twist. I havent purchased from him but have discussed a few futur possibilities (i have odd tastes sometimes and am always looking to more to the different side...lol ).

Jacob Ray makes some very interesting pieces. I have been tempted multiple times and I believe his work has come along way since he first started. From what I am aware with, he'll do almost anything imaginable with steel. His sample work makes you do a double take since it is so different.

Top Bottom