What's new

CCW pistol

but what about the 'cool' factor of the laser? I have a 1st gen P3AT and the Ruger LCP.. my practice routine with both, is point and shoot at a small paper plate at 10/8/6 feet. The sights (if you call them that) aren't ever really used. I go out back to the big pines (I live in the sticks) staple paper plates at different heights and several different trees. I alway practice pulling from my front and back pocket and double tap. If you take a shot over 10 feet or so I think you might have a problem claiming self defense.

but what about the 'cool' factor of the laser? I have a 1st gen P3AT and the Ruger LCP.. my practice routine with both, is point and shoot at a small paper plate at 10/8/6 feet. The sights (if you call them that) aren't ever really used. I go out back to the big pines (I live in the sticks) staple paper plates at different heights and several different trees. I alway practice pulling from my front and back pocket and double tap. If you take a shot over 10 feet or so I think you might have a problem claiming self defense.

Thats my practice routine with my Keltec P32. I use 9" paper plates out to 15ft and don't even use the sights, just point and squeeze. Inside 10ft I try to stick with 5" plates and hit them quick as I can. It is certainly good enough for carry practice.

Jay

Carry what you are best with, and practice practice practice...
The aftermath of a self defense shooting will not be so bad, as long as you hit what you meant to and not send stray rounds into bystanders.

That said... I used to carry a 357 7 shot titanium, but it was fully ported and destroys ability for follow up shots in the dark - kills the night vision
So I switched to the full size 1911, with some nice upgrades - hated being limited to the 7 round capacity

I now carry the Springfield XD in 45 13 rounds per mag - yes that is a lot, and it is heavy - but if you get targeted by a flash mob... it sure is nice to have a few extras for that feeling of security

I live in Texas - and it is freaking hot, I still carry a full size, just wear an un-tucked button down short sleeve shirt, being a little warm is a small trade off for being prepared

I carry a CZ-82 for daily use. A bit heavy but compact and does the job.. plus 9mm Makarov rounds are crazy cheap so I can get my skill honed without breaking the bank.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
proxy.php

proxy.php

My daily carry for the last five years.

Description here:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=147791

My sometimes carry is a Taurus 2" snub.

My primary carry is a Glock 19, and I love it, but that's only because my Kel Tec P11 is "my wife's" gun. Man that KT is really nice and light. Plus, you can mod the 10 round mag or buy a 12 rounder from the factory that doesn't stick out of the mag well. 13 shots from a pistol less than 1" thick, and with a smaller footprint than a G26, with the same number of rounds? YES PLEASE. Heck, my G19 only carries 15 rounds, so we're not talking a huge trade off there.

The KT is a bit picky about ammo though. You shouldn't use +P+ ever, and rarely +P, but even so it's really hard to control with anything but lighter loads. Most people say to stay away from the larger 9mm grains (148). My P11 shoots Hornady Critical Defense really well, due to the ease of feeding from the rubber tip on the bullet. This is very much a YMMV gun, though, so your best bet is to fire about 300 FMJ rounds through it, followed by at least a box or 2 of your self defense rounds.

Top Bottom