What's new

Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Limes, limes, limes...
My pleasure, my delight, my obsession.
I have never loved any other fragrance more than the Lime and several of my favourite shaving creams are Lime scented.
Among these, over the years, I have selected three Lime creams I like best:
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes, Trumpers Extract of Limes and Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil.
And in this top three, the number 1 is certainly Castle Forbes.
CF Lime Oil is also my absolute favourite shaving cream, of them all.
It is produced, as the entire CF collection, in the perfumery at Castle Forbes.
This perfumery is considered one of the smallest in the World and was created in 1996, converting the former diary beside the Castle.
So, although Castle Forbes was built almost 200 years ago (exactly in 1815), its little perfumery has been created only fourteen years ago.
It's a family business, in fact all their products are elegantly packaged in the Forbes clan tartan and carry the Castle Forbes family crest and logo.
Using high quality essential oils and no synthetic fragrances, they manufacture their own shaving creams to an exclusive formula, which guarantees that their products are truly unique, like no other on the market.
Now some observations on the subject of my post: Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil shaving cream.
This fantastic cream comes in a nice, 200 ml plastic bowl and is priced around £ 20 per bowl.
It's essentialy the same price I pay for most top-shelf creams I keep in my rotation, like SMN, GFT or T&H.
Its scent is something that I’ve loved from the very first time I crack opened the bowl: it’s a strong, straight and pure lime scent.
This amazing fragrance is, again, unique and I suppose its robust “limey” scent is due to the presence of real lime essential oil in its formulation, as you can see in the ingredients list (Citrus aurantifolia = lime essential oil).
The latherability of this gem is excellent and the cream produces tons of rich, slick and creamy lather.
Anyhow, for someone new to this product, making lather with CF can also be a tricky point, so a proper lathering technique is requested.
Here is the method that I use and that works great for me.
I take a peanut amount of cream with my finger and smash it in my shaving bowl for about 30 seconds.
I do that because Castle’s creams are VERY dense and concentrated and this is necassary if you want to lather in a bowl.
After that, I run my badger brush under hot water, turn it upside down (bristles downwards) until the excess of water drops by itself and, WITHOUT shaking the brush, I start making a slow, circular motion on the cream.
I have to proceed slowly and carefully, since the brush is full of water.
After a few swirls a beautiful, thick and perfumed lather starts to appear.
Just give a look at the attached pics…
Regarding moisturizing properties, they are simply outstanding.
After each shave my face feels very smooth, clean, fresh and conditioned.
The overall quality and performance of CF Lime are truly terrific.
In other words, if I should have just one cream, this would certainly be it.
For me Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil shaving cream is, in fact, not only a top-notch product, but also the very best cream available anywhere. Time. Period.

Last edited:
Alright I've never tried CF but I received the Cedar Sandalwood, Lavender, and Limes as a gift for Fathers Day. I have to say I love this cream and will not plan on buying any other. Almost like P160 density but pure and utter joy to use.

Love CF Lime...I face lather and it produces more lather than I know what to do with. I twirl my brush in the cream for about 10-20 seconds and then dip the brush in water and spread around my face. I then dip my brush in water again and apply to face using a circular scrubbing motion and produces tons and tons of lather. More than enough for 3 passes.

Top Bottom