What's new

Canadian Club

...no not the whisky, but a club for all those B&Ber's who can say "I’m from the Great White North, right, like up above the States"

A club for all Canadian wet shavers to come together talk; hockey, shaving in -35 winters, shaving in our igloos and all other things Canadian.

Hopefully we can get a good group of Canadian's together and get this club off the ground.

Last edited:
CC over Crown? Now that's just crazy talk. But I'm a Gibson's man.
You know I'm all over being in this group.

Enough about whiskey this is a shaving forum.
Now unfortunately I'm at work and though I have amassed an ok den away from the den I only have 2 Canadian razors here. My New LC and SC

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1415663687494.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415663687494.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 168
And the only other shaving gear that I have here that's made in our home and native land is one of my favorite soaps ever.
Old English Lavender from Mutual Products out of Toronto.
This is all I know of them and the only time I've seen this soap and when it's finished I'll probably shed a tear.

And I have a Canadian Old Spice mug.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1415664502723.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415664502723.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 170
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1415664622230.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415664622230.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 171
This is my English made 1965 Tech.
$silver tech side.jpg$silver tech.jpg

Why is it in the Canadian Club? Well it was made in England, shipped to Quebec to be packaged, then sold to the Department of National Deference to be issued to members of the Canadian Forces in the event of war in Europe. Thankfully no war took place and this sat unopened until this year when a friend purchased it at a Government Surplus auction. Apparently the auctions are a great place to buy old wet shaving gear purchased by the government to be military issue.

Here is my go to Pomade. Made in Toronto it is great stuff
$North Pomade.jpg

None of my kit is Canadian except the driver.

Classic Edge was putting together some straights that he finish-ground himself... Though I no longer see them on his site.

My Hart is made in Michigan - close enough for me to consider local

Checking in. Maritimer over here.

I'm sporting only a couple Canadian shaving suppliers in my den. First, a Toronto barbering company called Crown Shaving Co. The owner, Dino is awesome to deal with. Pre-shave formula provides a great glide, the shave cream has a peppermint kick to it and has nice cushion, the aftershave tonic burns like blue blazes and his pomade is my current favourite in my line-up. Great shave/grooming products! Second, a soap maker just outside of Quebec City called Shamane. They have a line of about 6-8 soaps & an aftershave type balm, but everything else seems aimed toward the women's cosmetic side of things. The kicker with Shamane's products? It's made with donkey milk. Not a mind blowing soap, but decent enough... and the novelty behind their story was cool enough to add it to my collection.

Cheers

PS... Crown Royal or Jameson or nothing at all.

Last edited:
Crown Royal or Jameson or nothing at all.
Awwww Dude! Have you tried Jameson and Ginger Ale with a slice of Lime? My god Man! It's like an angel peed on your tongue.
Yes Jameson is my favorite by far, but we were talkin Canadian.

Awwww Dude! Have you tried Jameson and Ginger Ale with a slice of Lime? My god Man! It's like an angel peed on your tongue.
Yes Jameson is my favorite by far, but we were talkin Canadian.

Haha! Angel pee with a twist! I've had it with lemon and it was great. I'll try the lime sometime.

Just found this thread. Hello from Grande Prairie, AB. I will look through my den and see what I can find that's Canadian. I know I have 3 Schicks and an Old Type, a Single Ring, and a Simms Brush. All this talk about whiskey drinking has got me thinking bout my drinking days. 5 Star, VO and CC. On the rocks with water back, and keep them coming. I have not had a day like that for 30 years.

5 star? Hahaha that brings me back to when I was a kid. The fridge in the garage was covered in little plastic stars.

If anyone is looking to buy new in package vintage techs y'all should check out GC surplus... Go to what has sold, search Razor and see what they have sold. Some really great stuff.

An aside any Canadian Forces members here?

If anyone is looking to buy new in package vintage techs y'all should check out GC surplus... Go to what has sold, search Razor and see what they have sold. Some really great stuff.

An aside any Canadian Forces members here?
Can't find any

Top Bottom