What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Sorry guys for not responding earlier. My time is limited right now but should be opening up a bit now. My house was hit pretty hard. We had about 45 inches of water inside the house. Have spent the last week emptying and gutting my house and the in-law's house (they moved here from Pennsylvania this past December and purchased a house in our subdivision). We are finally done with the gutting and really have just to cleanup the concrete slap left before we rebuild. I have people coming in this morning to do the mold remediation (not that I saw any) to make sure we don't have any and to get our proof that this part of the process was done. We had a contractor come in and take measurements of the house and will give us a quote in a couple of days for drywall, trim, cabinets, and counter tops. The wife is optimistic that it will be under $15,000...I think it will be closer to $20,000. I guess we will find out sooner than later.

I will update when I can. Hope the rest of you made it out okay. Hope the rest of you are safe.

I have friends in Mandeville? How is the situation there?

No problems that I"m aware of. It seems the eastern side of LA came out ok in all this.

The clean up in Denham Springs & Baton Rouge is going to take a long time. I feel so bad for those folks.

Yep, I looked at the NOAA flood maps and their before and after pictures but that's just looking at trees and water.. No indication of the personal impact of the damage.

Sorry guys for not responding earlier. My time is limited right now but should be opening up a bit now. My house was hit pretty hard. We had about 45 inches of water inside the house. Have spent the last week emptying and gutting my house and the in-law's house (they moved here from Pennsylvania this past December and purchased a house in our subdivision). We are finally done with the gutting and really have just to cleanup the concrete slap left before we rebuild. I have people coming in this morning to do the mold remediation (not that I saw any) to make sure we don't have any and to get our proof that this part of the process was done. We had a contractor come in and take measurements of the house and will give us a quote in a couple of days for drywall, trim, cabinets, and counter tops. The wife is optimistic that it will be under $15,000...I think it will be closer to $20,000. I guess we will find out sooner than later.

I will update when I can. Hope the rest of you made it out okay. Hope the rest of you are safe.
I'm sorry to hear that Don. My parents got about 24" in their house.

A little distraction from the floods: If anybody near the LSU/Baton Rouge area has not tried the lamb shank from Atcha Bakery, you need to try it. So good. They only serve it on Fridays.

The meat moussaka from Albasha is also great.

I hate rain. First time since the flood to check back in. Had 5 feet of water in the house. This is a house that did not even see water in the the front yard during the 1983 flood I was told. Been cleaning and gutting the house. The wife, myself and 2 dogs made it out safe by boat. Thanks to to Cajun navy. We will rebuild. I feel bad lost lots of old razors that I had acquired and had not had a chance to clean and get back in to circulation.

I hate rain. First time since the flood to check back in. Had 5 feet of water in the house. This is a house that did not even see water in the the front yard during the 1983 flood I was told. Been cleaning and gutting the house. The wife, myself and 2 dogs made it out safe by boat. Thanks to to Cajun navy. We will rebuild. I feel bad lost lots of old razors that I had acquired and had not had a chance to clean and get back in to circulation.

I hear you Robert...my heart goes out to you as I am in a similar situation. I only had about four feet of water in my house in Denham Springs but honestly, if you are ripping out more than carpet and everything you own is tossed out in the front yard with the sheet rock then it is probably all the same. My wife and I will say a prayer to you and your family and the four legged family members. So happy you and yours are safe.

I have a thread in the Barber Shop on the subject, please feel free to comment there or lay out some frustration if you would like.

Hey, just wanted all of you to know that if you are in the Baton Rouge area on October 5th - 8th, Bain Amour Bath & Body Co. will be at the River Center for Hollydays (an event put on by the Junior League...there a lot of vendors there of different variety who sell a ton of different things). If you haven't tried their Shave Soap or Aftershaves, this is a good opportunity for you to do so. Her Bath soap is pretty awesome too...I am using their soap right now. Well not exactly right now...that would be awkward. :001_smile

I'm from north of Franklinton, but I live in Ardmore, AL now.

Been in BR since September doing flood relief. Temporary resident!

I'm from north of Franklinton, but I live in Ardmore, AL now.

Been in BR since September doing flood relief. Temporary resident!
Welcome home! 😀 I'm sure it feels good to be back in Tiger Country. I'm so thankful to have folks visiting or staying here to help folks out.

Does anyone know of a barber/salon that does wet towel/traditional shaves on the North Shore i.e. Slidell, Covington, Mandeville, Hammond? My wife wants to get me one but not sure where to go.

Thought about Aiden Gill in New Orleans but they use a Mach 3 for the razor and I don't want to subject myself to that.

Thanks

Does anyone know of a barber/salon that does wet towel/traditional shaves on the North Shore i.e. Slidell, Covington, Mandeville, Hammond? My wife wants to get me one but not sure where to go.

Thought about Aiden Gill in New Orleans but they use a Mach 3 for the razor and I don't want to subject myself to that.

Thanks
Art of shaving. Not sure if you have one down there, but there is one at the mall in BTR.

Hi everyone, I live in Carencro just north of Lafayette. Grew up in New Iberia. I have also lived in Houma and Lake Charles. As well as quite a few more states and have traveled to a lot of other countries. Looking forward to getting to know the wet shavers in my area.

Hi everyone, I live in Carencro just north of Lafayette. Grew up in New Iberia. I have also lived in Houma and Lake Charles. As well as quite a few more states and have traveled to a lot of other countries. Looking forward to getting to know the wet shavers in my area.
Welcome aboard!

Welcome, glad to have you here

Glad to have you aboard!

Top Bottom