BullGoose's Goodbye Voskhod (and Rapira/Ladas) Closeout Sale

Discussion in 'BullGoose Shaving' started by BullGoose, Jan 19, 2012.

1. BullGoose

BullGoose Vendor

I have decided to close out all Rapira blades. All Voskhod, Ladas and Rapira blades are now on sale for only $8.00 per 100 blades. Get them while you can because when they are gone, they will be gone for good.

Voskhod Clearance

Free domestic shipping for orders over $80.00.

2. htownmmm

htownmmm Moderator Emeritus

Are they any good(special) or basically just a YMMV type blade?

marty

3. BullGoose

BullGoose Vendor

As with any blade, they are YMMV. I find them reasonably sharp and smooth and they give me a good shave. For the price though, they cannot be beat.

4. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Contributor

Blades are always a YMMV thing, but Rapiras have replaced Astra SPs as my go-to blade. I think all the blades on sale here come from the same factory and so should provide excellent results. I've used the Ladas as well and was suitably impressed. If I didn't have about 3 years of blades already (>300 Rapiras) and wasn't in the 2012 Shave Sabbatical, I'd be all over this.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. htownmmm

htownmmm Moderator Emeritus

Just placed an order for 400 blades-never can have too many. 200 Voskhods and 200 Rapira Platinums.

marty

6. Not the same factory. Astras are made by Gillette in the St. Petersburg plant. Rapiras/etc. are made by another company.

7. I have never used the ladas or rapira blades, any thoughts on them guys? My go to's right now are polsilvers or astra sp's

8. Voskhod are one of my 4 "top shelf" blades.

You can't go wrong at that price.

I just got 300 more

9. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Contributor

Correct. By "all these blades," I meant the ones on sale. I updated my post to clarify things.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  10. I just popped for 100, as well. Still working through a Russian sampler I made up from Bullgoose stock blades, but I'm impressed enough with the Voskhods to know I'll want a quantity. They last 3 shaves easy for me, so that's a good 10+ months' supply.

I'd better try the Rapiras soon, in case I like them, too!

11. Just picked 100 of the Rapira platinum. Phil sent me a sample of their Swede Steele
    a while back & I found them to very smooth shavers.

12. In for 100 Voskhod and 100 Ladas.

Thanks for the deal, Phil.

13. I find Voshkods, Rapiras, and Ladas to be good blades that provide a smooth shave.

14. NOT HELPING THE AD!!!!

"I know I said I wasn't going to buy anything for a while, but I can't pass up 100 blades for $8! OOOO why get only one thing shipped? I better get some Ogallala."

:oops:

15. Why so cheap? Are they being discontinued?

16. BullGoose

BullGoose Vendor

No, they are readily available and are still in production. Rather than being discontinued, the market has become flooded.

17. Looks like the Voskhod and Rapira Platinum are done--thanks for the closeout and all the great stuff you do (I'm still in for some Ladas and Rapira Swedish Steel... and more soaps!)

18. Missed em dang!!!!

19. Grrrr! I didn't need another 300 blades but did that affect my purchasing decision? Heck no!

20. Wow, these went quick. Just tried to order some but when I go to add them to shopping cart it says not available.