What's new

Brush PIF - with or without boar knot

Up for grabs is this rather bland shaped brush handle I made several months ago. Nothing fancy but the colors are cool and it has a nice shine. It's drilled for a 24mm knot but the badgers I have from various Chinese ebay vendors are too large above the tuft to fit, so I'm offering it with or without a 24mm TGN blonde boar knot. Sorry but I don't have any badgers that will fit. The knot has been washed and lathered but still has a trace of funk which shouldn't last long. If you would like to set your own badger, a TGN 24mm finest or silvertip will fit perfectly, although you may want to raise the loft a bit if it looks better to you. If you prefer, you can send me a knot and I'll set it for you. I'll even take pics before gluing it in to see if you want the loft raised a bit, but the hole can't be drilled any deeper for a lower loft.

RULES:

1. CONUS ONLY
2. If you've received a brush from me as either a gift or by winning a PIF, you must PIF the old one or this one here on the forum to another member.
3. If you win and decide you don't like it, again you must PIF it here so another member can enjoy it.

I'll draw a winner at Random.org when interest declines or by end of day next Sat, 2/11. I probably won't mail it until next weekend regardless of the end date. I hate having to go to the post office after work because I'd rather be in my shop!

Attachments

• $IMG_1400.jpg
    $IMG_1400.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 108
  • $IMG_1401.jpg
    $IMG_1401.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_1402.jpg
    $IMG_1402.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 108
  • $IMG_1403.jpg
    $IMG_1403.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 107
  • $IMG_1404.jpg
    $IMG_1404.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 107
Great looking handle and a very nice offering, thank you...I'm in.
This could be my first quality boar knot brush. To this point I have only tried a couple of vintage boar knots and found them to be very stiff and scratchy or they shed so badly because of age. I keep hearing boar brushes are great so it must be the quality of the knot that makes a difference?

I think that is quite lovely. I've been contemplating getting a second brush, at the risk of my 'minimalist' cred - and as it happens, I would prefer boar.

I'm in, and many thanks for the PIF!

Thanks for the compliments! It is rather bland in shape, but I think the coloring makes up for it.

Jay, that cherry color looks really nice with that blond! Not in though.

Thanks Dave. I thought a black Gamechanger synthetic would look nice too, but this boar blows away any synth I've tried including the Gamechanger, which I regard as being the best synthetic knot & the only one worth using.

Great looking handle and a very nice offering, thank you...I'm in.
This could be my first quality boar knot brush. To this point I have only tried a couple of vintage boar knots and found them to be very stiff and scratchy or they shed so badly because of age. I keep hearing boar brushes are great so it must be the quality of the knot that makes a difference?

Thank you! I had a NOS Ever-Ready and the boar knot was no comparison to this one. The TGN boar is much more like a finest badger in that the tips are surprisingly soft while still having great backbone. I like badgers, but if this were the only type of knot available I'd be happy using it. I'm so sure you'll like it that if you win the PIF I'll offer a 100% money back guarantee, no questions asked!

Thank you! I had a NOS Ever-Ready and the boar knot was no comparison to this one. The TGN boar is much more like a finest badger in that the tips are surprisingly soft while still having great backbone. I like badgers, but if this were the only type of knot available I'd be happy using it. I'm so sure you'll like it that if you win the PIF I'll offer a 100% money back guarantee, no questions asked!

Thank you for the knowledgeable information. With such an ironclad guarantee there is only good things to come for the winner. :thumbup:
Either way it sounds like I may need to try a good boar knot at some point.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That's a very nice shape. I'm in. It would be added to my Active Duty PIF stash (I have more brushes than space right now)

That's a very nice shape. I'm in. It would be added to my Active Duty PIF stash (I have more brushes than space right now)

I promise this will be a fair drawing using random.org, but being a veteran I fully support our troops and couldn't be happier if you won. Good luck!

Top Bottom