What's new

Brush handle botch

In an attempt to put a new knot into a Vulfix handle that was a mixed hair grosvenor brush, I wanted to drill the knot out because it did not come out due to steaming. In any case, whats done is done but I want to refill the hole I made and try again. Is epoxy a good fill or something else better?

$Image 1.jpg

I still have some cleanup to do but was thinking of a two part clear epoxy and then drill the hole better next time.

For being such a mediocre brush with the mixed hair know, the handle is pretty decent. I would like to salvage it.

Epoxy will work fine. Good luck.

+1. I think epoxy should work just fine. I don't remember the brand, but there's at least one epoxy that turns a cloudy off-white color when the 2 parts are fully mixed together, it might look a little better than the clear. Or you could just try mixing paint to match for the touchup.

I am calling it a day on this one. In attempts to further clean out the remaining old knot, things went fubar so parts were scrapped. So let this be a lesson to you kiddies out there. Don't screw up drilling out a knot in the first place and two, never buy a questionable brush no matter how many people in the UK say its great :)

Top Bottom