What's new

Brush Chronicle #12 Morris & Forndran

How soft are the tips on Lee's current batch of 2-Bands? How does it compare to the Heritage line that is currently in production? Has anyone experienced both lately?

Does his current line have gel like tips and good density with great flow through and backbone? I am trying to put together a brush to order from what I see in all your pics. That jade is very nice!!

How soft are the tips on Lee's current batch of 2-Bands? How does it compare to the Heritage line that is currently in production? Has anyone experienced both lately?

Does his current line have gel like tips and good density with great flow through and backbone? I am trying to put together a brush to order from what I see in all your pics. That jade is very nice!!

The majority of my brushes I acquired from Lee in the first half of last year, so I can't provide the feedback in relation to his current batch of 2 band. However, if you are searching for Heritage like hair I'm sure Lee will be able to source it for you.

The majority of my brushes I acquired from Lee in the first half of last year, so I can't provide the feedback in relation to his current batch of 2 band. However, if you are searching for Heritage like hair I'm sure Lee will be able to source it for you.

Thats just the thing I just got a Heritage Urn and it is too scrubby for me... I am wanting heritage like but with softer tips

My 2 band blonde badgers from Lee all have soft tips (not so when dry, but when wet), they remind me of the gel like tips on my Heritage XL brushes (almost as soft, but not quite). The fact that your Heritage Urn is scrubby is an anomaly to my experiences. Is the Urn a more recent production? I know that different hair batches result in different experiences, my Heritage brushes are older rather than recent productions and perhaps that accounts for the different sensations that we are experiencing.

Bottom line, given the almost bespoke nature of Lee's business, simply be explicit with your wants and I'm sure Lee will do his best to accommodate you.

Last edited:

Morris & Forndran "Victorian"

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.56.11 AM.jpg

This regal brush, although a clone of Rooney offerings, is a most civilised weapon in the struggle against rebellious facial hair.

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.55.18 AM.jpg

At a majestic height of 123mm, this bowl latherer's dream is fit for a king.

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.54.58 AM.jpg

Knot dimensions:
24 x 48mm

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.55.59 AM.jpg

Luxurious soft tips, back bone and density are this brush's hallmarks.

Last edited:

Morris & Forndran "Victorian" (continued)

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.56.25 AM.jpg

Water + ...

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.56.39 AM.jpg

Cella + ...

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.56.54 AM.jpg

Some bowl time = ...

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.58.01 AM.jpg

Lather!!!

$Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 11.58.28 AM.jpg

And in bloom.

Last edited:

At this point in time,

the only way to order custom Morris & Forndran brushes is

direct from the maker, Lee Sabini

who is based in the UK (but happily ships worldwide).

He is contactable by email at:

[email protected]

(I hope I'm not breaching any B&B policy by posting Lee's email. Lee was happy for this email address to be made public.)​

Thanks for the wonderful photos again Ben and thanks for checking with Lee that it was OK to post his e-mail address here. As this Edition of the Brush Chronicles draws to a close, I would like to thank all of our B&B members for checking in, for sharing photos and thoughts and helping to make this a great resource for the future. This thread will remain open- feel free to add to it as your new brushes arrive (after all; we all love photos).

My Sunday morning shave:

proxy.php

Another comparison shot:

proxy.php

And what would a Brush Chronicle be without one of these......

proxy.php

Ben,
Yes my Urn is less than a month old. So obviously Rooney had a hair change.

I'll be very specific with Lee and hopefully he will have the perfect hair sitting there waiting for me!!:)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Stay tuned for some M&F comparison pics with Simpson brushes. I had planned to upload them last night, but I am in hospital with my youngest son awaiting emergency plastic surgery on his lip as a result of falling in the bath last night...

Morris Forndran Comparison Pics

$Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 7.35.50 PM.jpg
$Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 7.36.08 PM.jpg

Simpson Chubby 1

$Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 7.37.50 PM.jpg $Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 7.38.10 PM.jpg

Simpson Duke 2

$Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 7.38.33 PM.jpg

(and from above)

Last edited:
Ben I hope your son is ok! As a relatively new father of a 2 yr old (son) and an 8 week old (girl) that type of thing haunts me in my sleep. My son is already accident prone and constantly leading with his face. Thanks for the comparison pictures. You have some really amazing brushes.

Stay tuned for some M&F comparison pics with Simpson brushes. I had planned to upload them last night, but I am in hospital with my youngest son awaiting emergency plastic surgery on his lip as a result of falling in the bath last night...

Ben I hope your son is ok! As a relatively new father of a 2 yr old (son) and an 8 week old (girl) that type of thing haunts me in my sleep. My son is already accident prone and constantly leading with his face. Thanks for the comparison pictures. You have some really amazing brushes.

Thank-you for your concern (and to the other kind gentlemen that sent their best wishes by PM). The kind and caring words were unexpected, but greatly appreciated. Lucas (my 2 year old) is home now. Lip repaired, but part tooth missing! Unabated by his ordeal he attempted the same manoeuvre in the bath again this evening (albeit with a little less vigour)! But this time my back was not turned! Children are resilient, but when they are injured it's a timely reminder just how fragile they (and we) really are.

Gentlemen these are my two blondes, I hope you like :thumbup: the former has a 30x48 fan Shape and the second brush is 25x53 bulb...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Excellent work from all, many thanks to Ben as well for his detailed input and experiences. I admit I have not had an M&F brush (at least as yet), being so far a dedicated Simpsons fan...

Excellent work from all, many thanks to Ben as well for his detailed input and experiences. I admit I have not had an M&F brush (at least as yet), being so far a dedicated Simpsons fan...

Hi Konstantinos, nice to have you aboard! I think I may have one of your beloved Simpsons in my collection.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the Chronicle so far... I'm still hoping to add a short expose on the man behind the brush, so stay tuned...

Top Bottom