What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I am working on an "official" sigil for the Brotherhood...The first concept.
proxy.php

In the spirit of Brotherhood I just acquired myself an 11C to go with my 34C

I love my 34C but suspect once the 11C arrives, the safety bar one won't get used much !

OC March and Ikon dual personality razors helped me realise my true place in the shaving world is in the OPEN arms of the BOTOC.

I now ALMOST exclusively use OC and humbly request consideration to joining the brotherhood of like minded OC shavers.

I pledge to encourage open minded shavers to give OC a go and I promise not to succumb to a closed guard bar. (The best bar is an open one!)

My current OC line up includes:

Merkur 1904
Merkur 11C
Muhle R41 (2011)
Goodfella
Joris (My current favourite razor)
Ikon S3S (1/2 a point only for this and the next one I'm guessing?)
Ikon OSS

I also have an OC barber pole (Merkur 12C), Muhle R101 (2010) and Gillette Richwood OC en route.

And today the mail carrier delivered a FaTip and an Ikon bulldog handle today, can you see where this is going....?

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 8.43.22 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2012-03-26 at 8.43.22 PM.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:
OC March and Ikon dual personality razors helped me realise my true place in the shaving world is in the OPEN arms of the BOTOC.

I now ALMOST exclusively use OC and humbly request consideration to joining the brotherhood of like minded OC shavers.

I pledge to encourage open minded shavers to give OC a go and I promise not to succumb to a closed guard bar. (The best bar is an open one!)

My current OC line up includes:

Merkur 1904
Merkur 11C
Muhle R41 (2011)
Goodfella
Joris (My current favourite razor)
Ikon S3S (1/2 a point only for this and the next one I'm guessing?)
Ikon OSS

I also have an OC barber pole (Merkur 12C), Muhle R101 (2010) and Gillette Richwood OC en route.

And today the mail carrier delivered a FaTip and an Ikon bulldog handle today, can you see where this is going....?

Welcome to the Brotherhood...and that fatip with the bulldog handle is sweet!!

Is it me, or are all of these great open comb photos from our members causing severe OC RAD??

Like the seal/lamen of the BOTOC...but have to agree with Vlad...font is a little too modern...but overall this shows your typical photoshop genius..GREAT JOB!!

Yeah, first concept, and this only took a few minutes, as I am gooped up on gop and still fighting a cold. This is fair photoshop, you know good 'shoop (i.e, "the Rev" and "the Sleestak").

have you any need for an irish member mayby i could could spread the word of the brotherhood to the irish people like a shaving st patrick lol.

have you any need for an irish member mayby i could could spread the word of the brotherhood to the irish people like a shaving st patrick lol.

Of course we have a need for an Irish member! We just have to enjoy our pints of Guinness after we shave! (well...I'm probably a minority, but I enjoy Beamish Stout even more than Guinness)

I would like to join the club. Here is my two British New No. 81s (bulge version of No.77). One of them is two piece like No.77 and the other one a three piece like Belmont without usual barrel crack.

proxy.php

Glad to become a member. Love my OC's and can't wait to get my Aristocrat No 20 but in the meantime will make do with my Big Fellow or my R41 or my ABC Empire or my Streamline or my ......... Well it's still March!

Glad to become a member. Love my OC's and can't wait to get my Aristocrat No 20 but in the meantime will make do with my Big Fellow or my R41 or my ABC Empire or my Streamline or my ......... Well it's still March!

The nice thing about being a member of the BOTOC....it is always March!!!

Top Bottom