What's new

Brotherhood of the Boar

Just got my first real boar brush today in the form of the B&B essentials boar brush in orange. Have to say that I was incredibly surprised. I think I might be a boar fan for life. Anyone else out there agree? If so, whats your boar brush? Feel free to post pics of your brush if you really want to show it off.

Just got my first real boar brush today in the form of the B&B essentials boar brush in orange. Have to say that I was incredibly surprised. I think I might be a boar fan for life. Anyone else out there agree? If so, whats your boar brush? Feel free to post pics of your brush if you really want to show it off.

Yes, I'm a boar brush fan too.
I have two Semogue 610s, a Semogue SOC, and a B&B Essential (Omega). After a few months of use your brush is going to be spectacular!

I have several little piggies and have a SOC on order.......waiting.......waiting.............can't wait to see if it lives up to it's reputaion

While I love my boar, it just doesn't offer the same pleasure as my high end rooney heritage. I find myself reaching for my boar less and less. Although I do tend to travel with the boar 'cause it's easy to replace if damaged by luggage chuckers at the airport.

I've used boar brushes all my life.

Currently I use a Vero (don't know the model number), and an Omega 10019. The latter has a lightweight plastic handle, but that is easily fixed. The Vero has a wooden handle. I don't think this model is still being made.

The Vero is fully broken in (split bristles), and the Omega is on its way too. They're good brushes!

I have an Omega 10049. I loved it from the first use. The boar brushes do tend to suck up a lot of water. I soak mine in warm water for about 1 minute before I start my shave. But I love it and you can't beat the price. $Cadet_Boar-brus.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to join the "boartherhood". I currently use a cheap boar brush from Lijun China that I prefer over my badger and synthetic brushes.

I have an Omega 10049. I loved it from the first use. The boar brushes do tend to suck up a lot of water. I soak mine in warm water for about 1 minute before I start my shave. But I love it and you can't beat the price.View attachment 340582

I use a similar stand, but I had to widen it for my Omega boar. You don't want the sides of the stand to pinch the bristles, because that may make them break off in the end.

I have three Semogue boars: SOC w/ cherry handle, 830, and the 620. I wouldn't mind trying out an Omega someday. I kind of like some of the handles from their "premium series", but I don't know if they are making them anymore. Many of the Omegas I don't care for the appearance of..... but some of them are very nice.

Ben

I have three Semogue boars: SOC w/ cherry handle, 830, and the 620. I wouldn't mind trying out an Omega someday. I kind of like some of the handles from their "premium series", but I don't know if they are making them anymore. Many of the Omegas I don't care for the appearance of..... but some of them are very nice.

I agree about the appearance of many Omega handles, but the lofts are so good! You could even sacrifice an Omega "first price" brush, to get a loft for putting in a nicer handle.

I have an Omega 10049. I loved it from the first use. The boar brushes do tend to suck up a lot of water. I soak mine in warm water for about 1 minute before I start my shave.

Boar brushes soak up less water and don't retain it as well as Badger hair. I soak mine while I shower which is 15 to 20 minutes.

Last edited:
I like my Omega 11575 boar. It was only $9 from WCS. I don't even use my badger anymore. But it's a really cheap badger- Escali.

I'm having a lot of fun with my boar bristle Culmak Knight with the snazzy dimpled handle:

$IMG00829-20130607-2225.jpg

but currently breaking in this:

$IMG00826-20130607-2202.jpg

It's a 60p (!) effort from Wilkinson's in Torquay and, contrary to all expectations, it looks like it's real bristle :001_smile

Top Bottom