What's new

Brick & Mortar in Portland, Or

as a testiment to our utopia of a town, Jordan @ winn perry just got in a couple of shipments

including -
The Entire Line of Institut Karite!
Soap, Cream, ASB

and a big box from D.R. Harris
including almost everything...

the entire line of Taylors should be in by the end of the month...

and it sounds like he's DE shaving with a chatsworth, but he's using merkur blades! let's all take him a few to test ride!

as a testiment to our utopia of a town, Jordan @ winn perry just got in a couple of shipments

including -
The Entire Line of Institut Karite!
Soap, Cream, ASB

and a big box from D.R. Harris
including almost everything...

the entire line of Taylors should be in by the end of the month...

and it sounds like he's DE shaving with a chatsworth, but he's using merkur blades! let's all take him a few to test ride!

Very nice. I'm going to have to check out the IK asb. I wonder if he got any harris shaving sticks? I have to go out of town in Nov and want to try one of them.

I have some de blades he can have since I pretty much just use a straight these days.

Winn Perry has been stocking up!

here is a current inventory list:

DR Harris & Co
• Arlington Soap Wood Bowl
• Arlington Soap Refill
• Marlborough Soap Refill
• Almond Soap Refill
• Arlington Shave Cream Bowl
• Arlington Preshave
• Arlington Aftershave
• Marlborough Aftershave
• Pink Aftershave
• Aftershave Milk (Unscented)

Other DR Harris products not shave related
• Almond Oil Soap (3 pack)
• Almond Oil Skin Food
• Coconut Oil Shampoo
• Coconut Oil Conditioner
• Crystal Eye Gel
• Lip Balm

Institut Karite
• Shave Soap
• Shave Cream
• Aftershave Balm

Musgo Real
• Shave Cream
• Aftershave
• Aftershave Balm
• No. 2 Oak Moss Scent

Taylor of Old Bond Street
• Sandalwood Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl, also Shave Soap Refills)
• Lavender Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl, also Shave Soap Refills)
• Lemon & Lime Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Almond Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Rose Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Eton College Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Mr. Taylor Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• St. James Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Shaving Shop Shave Cream (Tube, Bowl)
• Sensitive Skin Shave Cream (Bowl)
• Traditional Shave Soap Refill

Baxter of California
• Super Close Shave Formula
• Aftershave Balm
• Shave Kit 1.2.3 w/ Travel Badger Brush
Other Baxter of California products not shave related
• Clay Pomade
• Water Pomade
• Facial Scrub
• Daily Face Wash
• Herbal Mint Toner
• Oil Free Moisturizer
• Super Shape SPF 15
• Daily Protein Shampoo
• Daily Moisturizing Conditioner
• Invigorating Body Wash
• Vitamin EDA Soaps
• Lip Balm

Meehan
• Uplands Cologne
• Bay Rhum Splash
• Sandalwood Cologne
• Sandalwood Soap
• Engineer & Tradesman Salve
• Sailorʼs Salve

(i of course am not affiliated with winn perry in any way other than a happy customer happy to share the info)

Josh, this is freakin' awesome! Thanks for the update. I know where I am going the next time I am in Portland. Tell them they need to stock AOS soaps!

Does any store in Portland carry the Proraso line? More specifically I'm looking to buy Proraso pre/post cream that comes in a green tub.

I stopped by Winn Perry today (Division and SE 11th) and was VERY impressed. I picked up some Musgo Real A/S for $22. They had everything that was listed in joshmpdx's post. I'll definitely be giving them more of my money in the future.

Also, I saw the Lush on NW 23rd has shaving cream for sale. It was $15 for a mini tub. I passed.

Thanks for posting about Winn Perry. Great find!

Also, I saw the Lush on NW 23rd has shaving cream for sale. It was $15 for a mini tub. I passed.

Thanks for posting about Winn Perry. Great find!

very smart move, i would never let that stuff touch one of my shave brushes! it has a gunky texture and i don't trust it all.

UPDATE: Portland Cutlery closed its doors. They carried Merkurs and a few other shaving products. It's sad to see them go. They were independent, located downtown, always helpful and sold me my very first DE (a Merkur HD).

UPDATE: Portland Cutlery closed its doors. They carried Merkurs and a few other shaving products. It's sad to see them go. They were independent, located downtown, always helpful and sold me my very first DE (a Merkur HD).

That's a shame. I just walked past them yesterday and didn't even notice that they had left. Many downtown Portland businesses are giving up their locations due to not only the economy but the Portland city council's increase of taxes,irresponsible and dasterdly behaviour in dealing with the homeless issue and raising fees for business owners. Two of my own friends left when the city told them they would increase their taxes 300% and that if he didn't like it he could leave. So he had to. That building still stands empty a year later with no taxes going to the city at all.
Portland Cutlery and many others had a problem with homeless people camping in their doorway a lot and this problem has never been dealt with by the city. I adore my city across the river but feel it will lose many more to the suburbs if something does not change.

On a brighter note,I stopped by Winn Perry yesterday to try out the Taylor's of Bond St Rose shaving cream scent and was bowled over. And at $14 per tub,I most certainly purchased my first TOBS cream.
I will be visiting Winn Perry much more often now.

Jim

It was sad to see the store closed. I used to buy conks bay rum soap from there.

I have to echo the praise for Winn-Perry. They've got a really nice little shop there and prices are great. I also liked the bowl of silk cufflinks sitting next to the cash register like a bowl of candy -- hard to resist!

Portland Cutlery closed quick! I pass by there daily during the week and one day I saw a closing sign and a week later it was empty.

Just came home from a quick stop by Rose Way Barber Shop and snagged a bottle of Osage. They have one more, plus two more bottles of their own concoction (apparently a mix of Osage, witch hazel, and some oter stuff). They also had a few bottles of Masters witch hazel, a Masters Bay Rum, and a few white tubs of shave cream I did not recognize. Their Osage, witch hazel, Bay rum, and own blend are all six bucks.

Just came home from a quick stop by Rose Way Barber Shop and snagged a bottle of Osage. They have one more, plus two more bottles of their own concoction (apparently a mix of Osage, witch hazel, and some oter stuff). They also had a few bottles of Masters witch hazel, a Masters Bay Rum, and a few white tubs of shave cream I did not recognize. Their Osage, witch hazel, Bay rum, and own blend are all six bucks.

you guys are lucky to have b&m outlets nearby!

incidentally, I recommend Master Bay Rum and HIGHLY recommend Osage Rub.

This shop makes its own stuff? did you try any, wundergussy?

Top Bottom