What's new

Breaking Bad

I have never been much of a TV watcher. Somehow, however, I found myself drawn into Breaking Bad and I watched the entire series on Netflix. It has been a couple of years now since I watched the last episode and I have to admit that it was probably the most incredible, well written, well acted, all around awesome tv series I have ever viewed.

I found it dark and disturbing at times...so much so that I can't bring myself to watch the series again...even though I think it was the best tv series...ever.

Same here. Very dark subjects and violent, but so well potted, written, and acted that I watched every episode.

I have never been much of a TV watcher. Somehow, however, I found myself drawn into Breaking Bad and I watched the entire series on Netflix. It has been a couple of years now since I watched the last episode and I have to admit that it was probably the most incredible, well written, well acted, all around awesome tv series I have ever viewed.

I found it dark and disturbing at times...so much so that I can't bring myself to watch the series again...even though I think it was the best tv series...ever.

You should check out the prequel "Better Call Saul". Another stellar show.
I watched the first couple of episodes of Better Call Saul and it was pretty good, but I decided I couldn't take any more dark shows. I have taken to watching the Andy Griffith Show again (for the tenth time). Watching Otis stagger into the jail is about all the heavy duty crime I can handle for now.

I completely agree that Breaking Bad is great TV, and all the more so given a satisfying ending--a hard thing to pull off apparently given what other good shows have managed or not managed.

I like Better Call Saul, too. To me it really has a different vibe from BB and I find it a little sadder and a little harder to watch.

I'm glad they made Better Call Saul. Bob Odenkirk is a terribly underrated actor.

And, I know it sounds cliche now but yes, The Wire. So many angles, so much reflection of the real world.

HBO had a miniseries a couple years before they did The Wire called The Corner, which also took place in Baltimore and featured many of the same actors (no relation to future characters) that was also good. But The Wire is on a whole different level. Each season is through the eyes of a different perspective and really draws the viewer into the lives and complications and grey areas of a big, modern city. They don't glamorize it, they don't editorialize it, they just show it like real life.

Last edited:
Myself I've watched the series several times. For a time there I was sporting a goatee and a stash similar to the Walter White character and some of the guys would jokingly call me Heisenberg simply because I keep my head shaved.

I also like the Better Call Saul series too.

The wife and I DVR'ed and binge watched the entire series over a period of a few weeks when it aired as a New Year's marathon. Great series, great persona's, well acted. Can't believe I missed that during its original air time but that happens with a lot of programming.

BB spoiled me, it was written and acted out so well that it left a bench mark in my mind and thus far not to many shows meet that bench mark. BCS is a great take off, it started slow but picked up thru the season, Mikey sells the show for me and overall it's great to see the deep stories of BB characters and how they came about.

Not to derail but for BCS fans, you will appreciate this little commercial!

Top Bottom