What's new

Bought the full set of Haslingers

TVBShaving has Haslingers back in stock, so I bought one of each plus an extra Sandalwood for a friend (and some Schafsmilch, which I already have so I may pass that one along too).

Also got a Derby shaving stick just for fun since it was a buck. Average price for the Haslinger's is around $5 each, hard to beat.

I'm now set for shaving soap for a decade, I think.....

Peter

I gotta try some of their other scents. Schafmilch is just so nice I never get past it.

-Kesto

@Kesto
proxy.php

Only tried aloe so far, really liked it. I think it has a floral scent, almost what I think I recall marigold (the flower) smelling like. I have sage and seaweed to try still but if I ever get to the point where I need more soap I'll definitely get more aloe and try the marigold. Schafmilch has been described as diapery too many times so I'm hesitant to try it.

Cinnamon and gravy, it is time to color me jealous. It is a good thing I am on the 2017 restraint, or else my overstocked soap bin would be overflowing.

GOOD MOVE! (I am slowly working my way through their line up! So far I have liked each and every one!)

Having used at least one full puck of each of the Haslinger scents I'd divide them into these categories (scent only; performance is excellent on all of them):

Would use frequently:
Meeresalgen (seaweed--it's a light fougere scent; it doesn't smell like low tide!)
Ringelblumen (marigold)
Salbei (sage)

Would use occasionally:
Aloe Vera
Honig (honey)
Schafmilch (sheep's milk)

Would use rarely:
Sandelholz (sandalwood)

Would not use again:
Coconut (finished the puck, but it was a struggle)

I vaguely recall seeing a sandalwood-and-rose-scented puck somewhere marketed at women, but I can't recall where; haven't tried that one but certainly would if I see it again.

Really wish they had more florals, at least a rose, lavender and violet.

TVBShaving has the "woman's" sandalwood and rose soap. I didn't get that one. I do have Schafsmilch but had not tried it yet, initially the scent was off-putting but I've gotten used to it since it's been sitting on my shelf, and if it doesn't persist I'll be fine with it. Sort of an old-fashioned "diapery" scent indeed, but not really offensive, just reminds me of soap scents from when I was very young and visiting elderly relatives.

And I do indeed have at least a decade's worth of soap at the rate I use it.

Peter

Woooo! Hahaha. That's pretty sweet man. I'm jealous though I'm definitely not lacking in the soaps department. Please describe each scent using an interpretive dance set to Keltic electronica. I wanna EXPERIENCE those scents!

Top Bottom