What's new

Bought Some Brylcreem Today!

I like Brylcreem, but I rarely use it nowadays due to the lack of hold. It's good stuff when used in moderation. Another product that will give you a similar look is Tres Flores Brilliantine oil. It's mineral oil and fragrance. I like i because it doesn't contain all the other chemicals that I get with Brylcreem,. It makes my hair shine like no tomorrow. Mineral oil is the ingredient in Brylcreem that gives the shine. All the rest of the stuff that it contains are things like fragrance and cream to help with styling.

The British version of Brylcreem is quite good, but it's less shiny. I use it from time to time. i have to cake the stuff on to style my hair, but it's still good stuff.

I use Brylcreem almost every day. The stuff available in the store is decent but the British version is better. I get the tub and fill a little condiment dispenser to squirt a "little dab" at a time. The hold isn't great but when it no longer holds my style I know it's time for a haircut. If I need a slightly better hold Groom n Clean will do it ...but my head prefers Brylcreem.
I've recently started using an artisan hair balm with great results (WSP blue collar)

Where are you guys getting the British version this side of the pond?

I have seen it available in Mexico, just off the cruise ship in little gift shops. I got mine by ordering it from somewhere across the pond. Even with shipping from WAY over there I think I only paid $8-10 for a huge tub ...I'll have to go back through my records to find the seller.

Where are you guys getting the British version this side of the pond?

Hi John, I get British Brylcreem from Ebay. It's inexpensive and comes with free shipping. You can also get it from Amazon with free shipping, I believe. I'll never use U.S Brylcreem again. The British version is WORLD's better.

I have seen it available in Mexico, just off the cruise ship in little gift shops. I got mine by ordering it from somewhere across the pond. Even with shipping from WAY over there I think I only paid $8-10 for a huge tub ...I'll have to go back through my records to find the seller.

Hi John, I get British Brylcreem from Ebay. It's inexpensive and comes with free shipping. You can also get it from Amazon with free shipping, I believe. I'll never use U.S Brylcreem again. The British version is WORLD's better.

If it is in a tub it is automatically the British stuff?

I bought some today too, honestly I hate it. I know it is probably acting just how it is supposed to but it just isn't for me. I like having a lot of volume in my hair and I can't keep volume with this. My hair is also too shiny and wet looking for my liking as well as the smell not being very appealing

If it is in a tub it is automatically the British stuff?
j

Hi John, the red tub is the British Brylcreem. There are a lot of British sellers that sell Brylcreem and pomade to the U.s at a fair price. I get my Brylcreem and much of my pomade from sellers from the UK. The free shipping is great.

What I like about the British version of Brylcreem is the scent, price and the fact that I can style my hair with it. It's a superior product in every way except in the shine department. It's not very shiny, but it's definitely adequate.

I just bought a tube of the US version and going to give it try. I love the scent upon opening the cap and the history behind this product speaks for itself. If I like it, I might have to order the British version. I plan to start out using a small amount (scientifically less than a dab?) and slowly increasing.

Brylcreem is my go to hair product. I've a couple of pomades, but when I'm getting ready for work, it's easier to dab a little, run it through my fingers and comb into "style". Of course, wearing a fedora everywhere means it has to contend with hat hair, which, to be fair it does.

Our advert was "Gives you the brylcreem (pause) bou-nce"

I get mine at the local Mexican grocery stores, they have tubs of "red" and "blue". I think the blue is for dandruff control. There are small tubs for travel and the regular larger ones.

As others have said, not much hold, and the scent isn't what it used to be, but it keeps my hair healthy and my scalp feels much better with regular use of Brylcreem.

If only I would have listened to my Grandmother when I was young and she told me to use it. It is a great product for daily use.

Top Bottom