What's new

Body Soap Question

So for a little over a year now I have been exclusively using Stirling and Soap Commander bath soap. And my skin has responded very well to it!

A little while ago Sudsy Soapery did a that penny sale on Shave Soap and then a random bath soap. I decided to jump on the deal because I like the shave soap and grabbed the penny bath soap. The one I received was Almond Castile. Well yesterday I finished a bar of Stirling and for today's shower I decided to grab the Sudsy Soapery bar.

I noticed that my skin felt dryer after my shower anyone else have this experience with Sudsy Soapery bath soap?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Chad, I have no experience with the Sudsy Soapery bath soap you are writing about, but as a general rule a soap that leaves your skin too dry is just too aggressive because strips off all the natural oils that protect the skin. My suggestion is to stick with what works for you and what does contain good, skin-friendly ingredients.

P.S. If you desire I can give you some names of quality Italian bath soaps that I know very well. :001_smile

I enjoy Tabac bath soaps, and Queen Charlotte Soaps (which is not in business any more).

I have ordered Klar, Institut Karite, Luxo Bahno, and Pre de Provence to try out.

I was also looking at I Provenzali to try at a future date.

P.S. If you desire I can give you some names of quality Italian bath soaps that I know very well. :001_smile

Yes Marco that would be nice. I know with my last Saponifico Varesino order I grabbed my wife a body soap and she really likes it.

The Stirling bars have been my favorite thus far.

This Sudsy Bar I have been using since the beginning of this post. Skin has been adjusting a little bit but to be honest this just isn't a good bath soap. I am going to toss it and open another bar of Stirling I have. The Sudsy Soapery bath soap just doesn't lather well, and doesn't provide the benefits for my skin that I want from a bath bar.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yes Marco that would be nice. I know with my last Saponifico Varesino order I grabbed my wife a body soap and she really likes it.

The Stirling bars have been my favorite thus far.

This Sudsy Bar I have been using since the beginning of this post. Skin has been adjusting a little bit but to be honest this just isn't a good bath soap. I am going to toss it and open another bar of Stirling I have. The Sudsy Soapery bath soap just doesn't lather well, and doesn't provide the benefits for my skin that I want from a bath bar.

Chad, Saponificio Varesino and Valobra are famous here on B&B because of the outstanding quality of their shaving soaps. But, in addition to that, they also produce wonderful bath soaps that can be used by the entire family. Also, in addition to these two names I want to mention:
  • I Provenzali (iprovenzali.it)
  • Nesti Dante (nestidante.com)
  • Saponificio Artigianale Fiorentino (saponificioartigianalefiorentino.it)
All the above soaps are produced with love and care, using only the finest natural ingredients and are sold at very fair prices. These are the values I strongly believe in.

Chad, Saponificio Varesino and Valobra are famous here on B&B because of the outstanding quality of their shaving soaps. But, in addition to that, they also produce wonderful bath soaps that can be used by the entire family. Also, in addition to these two names I want to mention:
  • I Provenzali (iprovenzali.it)
  • Nesti Dante (nestidante.com)
  • Saponificio Artigianale Fiorentino (saponificioartigianalefiorentino.it)
All the above soaps are produced with love and care, using only the finest natural ingredients and are sold at very fair prices. These are the values I strongly believe in.
Thanks for the info Marco.

I find myself buying Kirk's Castile soap from the local WalMart for a little over a buck a bar. You should definitely try it. I've tried a lot of the Artisan soaps (Nancy Boy, WSP, Sudsy Soapery, Tiki, etc) and I keep going back to this one. Primarily because it's very inexpensive, gives a great luxurious lather, has very few ingredients (without all of the chemicals), and most importantly because I can pick it up locally without paying a premium to ship it to me.

The scent is a very light scent that is said to be coconut but to me I don't get much of a scent from it. By far the best locally available soap that I've found. Definitely worth trying.

I haven't tried the Sudsey, but I am a Stirling user/fan. Can't imagine getting any better results from any other soap.

DF,
Gave the Kirks a try, and must say it is a decent soap, but I'm finding it doesn't last at all. Getting 4 showers out of a bar. Is this normal for Kirk's, or did I get a bad batch?

DF,
Gave the Kirks a try, and must say it is a decent soap, but I'm finding it doesn't last at all. Getting 4 showers out of a bar. Is this normal for Kirk's, or did I get a bad batch?

Kirk's does melt away quickly. about 5-7 days for me.
Trader Joe's soaps last me at least 2 weeks if not more.

If you can get past the fragrance, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap is worth a try and available locally to most. MWF bath bar is another worth trying, expensive and usually must be ordered online. Yardley, locally available to most, is also quite good. Lightfoot's Pine Soap is another good one. I liked QCS, but they are now defunct.

Stirling bar soaps are awesome. I don't feel very manly saying it, but I noticed a big difference in the condition of my skin since using it

Before discovering Stirling, I used Bronner's and also had improvement to my skin although it tended to dry out my face if I washed too much.

If you can get past the fragrance, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap

Sadly I can NOT.

Well since starting this thread I have tossed the Sudsy Soapery bath soap. They make great shave soap but not a fan of the bath soap. I have been sticking with my Stirling and Soap Commander bath soap. They work great for me.

I do not willingly use anything except Mitchell's Wool Fat Bath Soap. I travel with it. And, thanks to August West's brilliant suggestion, I shampoo with it on the road (Home is L'Occitane shampoo. But still Da Fat for da body.). Unless you're allergic to lanolin.

I do not willingly use anything except Mitchell's Wool Fat Bath Soap. I travel with it. And, thanks to August West's brilliant suggestion, I shampoo with it on the road (Home is L'Occitane shampoo. But still Da Fat for da body.). Unless you're allergic to lanolin.
Still on the road old timer?

Top Bottom