What's new

Blenhiem Bouquet Shave Cream

I have a jar of the BB cream in reserve, so I have no idea what a treat I am in for.

I wandered into a local gentlemen's outfittery the other day to criticise peruse the wares and was pleasantly surprised to see a tray of testers of just about every Pen's fragrance I'd ever come across including some I'd never heard of (and probably a few I'd make up if I've downed enough rum).

Anyway, the BB was right in front so I gave it the polite and customary low-key 6 squirts on the neck (3 each side). Apart from an initial blast of pepper, I think the rest of it got hunted down and mauled by my Ungaro III which I'd applied probably 4 hours previously.

Just from this thread, I nearly pulled the trigger on BB. It was so very close. But then I asked myself, "will I even like the scent?" Even if I did and I liked the lather, would I actually finish using this product? I've bought so many soaps and creams over the past two years, and I don't use 95% of them. Unless the scent is an absolute favorite for me like TOBS Jermyn Street, I won't use it up. So a $50 disaster averted.

Stopped in on my way to the post office again today and got another tub of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream

They also have Floris in soap and cream but I have never tried that brand.

So..... What Floris soap and or cream scent should I get at 30% off :001_smile

Which performs better Floris soap or cream?

I would try the Floris cream. I find my Floris No. 89 soap to make the worst lather of everything that I own.

What does Blenheim Bouquet and MDC smell like? I've been reading a lot of good stuff about both.

As Justin stated below,its kind of difficult to precisely describe. To me,Blenheim has always impressed me with a mildly citrus scent. But there are other subtle notes to it I cannot pin down. But overall,the scent is wonderful.Not overbearing at all. And the creme's performance is excellent.IMO.

Craig

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I used it the other day...it IS sublime and delightful...I now prefer MdC and would rank Santa Maria Novella up there too! I have pretty much a full line of BB items from Pens. My wife likes Endymion on me as well.

Top Bottom