What's new

Blades, Blades, Blades!

So, .... Blades.... I know it's a personal thing I have done two things, one of them .... dumb bell, the other not so bad. So I ordered, about 5 weeks ago now, 50 Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades for a ridiculous price of $6.97 free shipping. about 5 days ago I ordered 6, +1 as a bonus various blades. The 6+1 came today... I checked where the 50 I purchased over 5 weeks ago come from and it said Russia... ughhhh. so I'm still waiting... good lesson learned check where blades are shipped from! LOL now the 7 I just got, they are Rapira Super Stainless, Platinum Lux and Swedish Super Steel, Voskhod Teflon, Ladas Super Stainless, Sputnic Teflon, and Shark made in Egypt .... any of you fellas like any of these?

Good haul! I enjoy most of the russian blades. Voskhod and Ladas get used pretty often. Only had a couple samples of the Rapiras. Never tried the Sputnik.
Voskhod are probably my favorite of the lot (bought 100) - they are so smooth I can shave with reckless abandon and end up with a great shave and no irritation.
Enjoy!

The Volkhods are decent blades. I purchased 100 of them. I've heard good things about Ladas too. The Sharks were OK for me, not great but not bad either.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Of the ones you mentioned, I have only used the Voskhod, and they are very good. Polsilver Iridiums are also Russian blades and are also very good.

I think the Voskhod's are great and work in all my razors. The Rapira SS are good but don't work well in my milder razors. The Shark's just don't work for me at all and I haven't tried the other blades. You'll really have to try them all and see how they work for you, blades are very YMMV.

I haven't tried a Russian blade I don't like, with the exception of a bad batch of Voskhods that were poorly ground but still made their way to the market.

I've ordered blades from Russia and while it can take a little time, they'll get here. It also seems to be the cheapest price by far. As for the brands, I've trief Voskhod, and after having reading how much the members here seem to like it I expected a good blade, and I wasn't disappointed. I bought 100. The real surprise was Ladas, the only other of those I've used. I like it at least as much as Astra SP, it's one that doesn't get mentioned much but is surprisingly good.

I've ordered blades from Russia and while it can take a little time, they'll get here. It also seems to be the cheapest price by far. As for the brands, I've trief Voskhod, and after having reading how much the members here seem to like it I expected a good blade, and I wasn't disappointed. I bought 100. The real surprise was Ladas, the only other of those I've used. I like it at least as much as Astra SP, it's one that doesn't get mentioned much but is surprisingly good.
Ladas are high on my list to try. I would like to get another 100 blades so they may be next.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I have and use in my rotation the Swedish Supersteels.
Not quite the sharpest blade out there but smooth and dependable.
I can do from 4 to 7 shaves apiece on them.
Not a bad blade in my opinion.

I have tried all the above mentioned blades. They are all good blades for my medium beard type. The Voskhod's do a better job on my neck & chin area though.

Nice thanks fellas. I'll try them all and post my results for what they are worth! Still waiting on the Rapira lot, but have one of them in the 7.
Be safe, carry on gents
Thanks, Ack

If you like the Russian blades, check out some of the Russian sellers on eBay
They often sell selections of 100 different Russian blades for a reasonable price
If you buy several different items, most sellers offer very reasonable combined shipping discounts
If you buy 2 or 3 packs of 100s, they typically work out less than €8/100 including shipping
Delivery isn't very fast, but apart from that I've never had a problem with any of the sellers
They often toss in a few extra loose blades as a free gift

I've just used the Rapira... nice, but not my cup of tea... or coffee... or whatever...

Actually, it seems most blades are made in Russia.... except my beloved Feathers, of course... I think...:001_huh:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Don't forget to try some Astras, I like them more than the Rapira blades I have.

Top Bottom