What's new

Blade disposal

So far I've been using the blade bank on the back of the VdH track. I'm unsure if I could use the other side if it got full though. When that's full I'll figure something out. The juice jug idea is pretty nifty.

I use a prescription pill bottle as well. but when it's full, I dump the contents into the sharps disposal container at our local police station.
That's pretty much what I do. I have a specially marked large prescription bottle, and when (if ever) it gets full I can dump it into into my (diabetic) son's sharps bucket.

I just use an old, cleaned out peanutbutter jar. I keep the plastic lid screwed on and I have slit cut into the top. I've used it for 2 years straight and it is not even a 1/4th of the way full.

Basically free, efficient, and works like a charm.

Hi,

So, no one so far has an old house....

Stan

....Because no one has said 'slot in the bathroom wall' yet....

Most people wouldn't have used those for cartridges, because they would have to use a hammer to widen the slot.

I am way behind all yous guys. I have been shaving a little over a year. I shave a little less often than every other day. I average about 7 shaves per blade. As I have only used 14 blades so far, there is plenty of room in the plastic tuck which was my first purchase of merkur blades. I will look for a solution when I fill up the three plastic tucks I have.

@certna348 - That's good for when you have the plastic dispenser. Most of my shaving years, _all_ of the blades came in the dispensers, so it wasn't a problem. right now, I have 300 blades that use NO dispenser, and my wife, who thinks that plastic and razor sharp pieces of metal belong directly in the trash can.

I have an empty Sucrets tin I'm using. When that's full I've got an Mentos tin that's a bit bigger. I'll probably scotch tape a razor blade to the outside before I toss it in the can recycling bin.

In Thailand they sell Feather metal boxes for 20 baht(50p). i bought five of them and gave away 2 to friends i turned on to DE shaving. I have 2 left and one so full it's getting tough to squeeze more in. I need to dump it soon and move on the the next one. I have loads of blades and dump them all after 3 or 4 shaves (including head shaves) so one of these boxes is good for at least 3 years.

......... I'll probably scotch tape a razor blade to the outside before I toss it in the can recycling bin.

Even passing glue tape on the outside it remains dangerous because the blades are very sharp and it is preferable to print on a sheet of paper the image of a blade and then glue it to the container with transparent glue tape which also draws attention for what's inside of the container and without the danger of someone cutting himself ;) :001_005:

Even passing glue tape on the outside it remains dangerous because the blades are very sharp and it is preferable to print on a sheet of paper the image of a blade and then glue it to the container with transparent glue tape which also draws attention for what's inside of the container and without the danger of someone cutting himself ;) :001_005:
Good idea. I'm clumsy enough to cut myself taping a razor blade to a tin.

I have an empty Baking Powder container with a crude slit in the lid. I know, maybe a little too fancy for some of you folks, but I think I'm worth it.

Top Bottom